Find owner of property

Hello,

I am interested in a property in Malta. However, it is currently abandoned. Is there anyone who know how can I get information about owner of the property? Apart from asking to neighbors if they know.

Thanks

I WOULD GO TO THE LIBRARY AND ASK THEM WHERE PROPERTY RECORDS AND DEEDS ARE KEPT IN MALTA.

Go to the respective local council. Don't know if they will dish out the owner's name, but at least they should know the owner.

Maltacat890 wrote:

I WOULD GO TO THE LIBRARY AND ASK THEM WHERE PROPERTY RECORDS AND DEEDS ARE KEPT IN MALTA.

All capitals again!

Hi how did you go with this. I am also in the same situation and I would love to know if you've been successful. Thanks

Hi Marachich,

I am French, so in France, we have what we call "cadastre". But does not exist here. In my case, I have knocked to neighboors doors to ask if they know to whom the property belongs to. It was quite fastidious but after fews days we managed to find the landlords. And in fact, the problem of this abandoned houses are mainly:
- People doesn't want to sale
- Legacy but inheritors don't agree to sell or not or on price
- Problem to find all the inheritors
And last, when it is an House of Character, notary doesn't manage to find everything during searches and you have the choice to buy but take the risk that one day someone comes to knock on your door with a paper stipulating that the property belongs to him.

It is honestly very discouraging..

Thanks for your reply. My dad has also done the same although the owners have deceased they had five children as to which I'm sure are also deceased. This is going to be a bit of a battle. I've contacted authorities to find out is the government have possession of the house now.

Hi ibsee ur post about trying to find the owner of a property.  I'm currently trying to do the same.  Did u have any joy please ?.many thanks.

In Malta that is.

@Foxyfox03 hello did you have any success finding out who owned an abandoned property in Malta?
-@kim3472

You are responding to a 5 year old post, I'm doubtful that you will get a response. I would start a new topic with any questions you may have.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Hey kim3472,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Just like SimCityAT said, I also advise you to start a new thread on the Malta forum to ask your questions.

Members here are very friendly, they will gladly assist you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

[Thread closed]

Closed