Relocation to Australia

Good day, I hope I am at the right place. My husband is employed as CFO of a mining company. We are South Africans that has been working in Mauritius for the last five years for the same company. The company wants to move my husband to their offices in Perth Australia. He has been working for the company for 10 years. I am currently unemployed we; have a 2 year old daughter. Can anyone recommend a company/ agency that can assist with the relocation. What we need, where to start, everything. Thank you very much!

I know everything has been stopped/ slowed down with the Covid-19 virus but I just need the information so we can start preparing paperwork, visa's, work permit etc. I need to get Emily (that's our 2 year) old into a school as soon as possible. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Rize

Welcome to the forum.

If your husband's company have offered him the job then they are responsible for visas permits etc.
You can check up on visas by going to "Discover" at the top of this page and clicking on The Australia Guide.

Try www.immi.homeaffairs.gov.au for visa information too. That's the Govt website.

For schools you will need to work out where in Perth you will be living then search online for schools there to apply to.

For living costs try www.numbeo.com

Hi Rize,

The first thing you should do is find out exactly what visa your husband's company is planning to bring him to Australia on.

It will most likely be through the employer-sponsored TSS Visa subclass 482 unless they are planning on applying for a Direct Permanent Residency (PR) visa. Either way, there will be a number of documents you will need to gather in order to be granted a visa. If it will be through the TSS Visa I can provide you with a complete document checklist so you know exactly what to start gathering.

You mentioned you want to find a school for your daughter. This government website should help especially if you know the area you will be living in.

Something to also be aware of is that if you are going to be on a TSS Visa then school fees might apply. Some states in Australia will charge school fees for children who are on a TSS Visa, WA is one of these states. If you will be on a PR visa then school fees will not be applicable.

Again I'm happy to post some additional information about school fees if they will apply to you. Let me know if you have any further questions I can help you with or would like more information about the TSS Visa.

Good luck