English to Hungarian translation help.

Hey there.  Anyone able to help me out with English to Hungarian translation.  I want to get a tattoo with the following 7 words.

You Saw The Whole Of The Moon

Don't trust Google translation and I Want to make sure before I get it permanently inked into my skin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

"Te láttad az egész Holdat"

(The english version means that the person has seen every part of the moon, right? Not full moon?)

Well the meaning is similar to someone who sees the big picture or sees the glass half full instead of half empty ..... or someone who is always very optimistic ...... something along those lines. 

It's song lyrics.

Mogilny89 wrote:

Well the meaning is similar to someone who sees the big picture or sees the glass half full instead of half empty ..... or someone who is always very optimistic ...... something along those lines. 

It's song lyrics.

Maybe there's a HU version of your song lyrics if it's a well known famous tune.   I don't know enough about music but I know about the movie names - all movies here get different titles and songs would be the same.

While the song may been covered in Hungarian although they don't always do a 1:1 translation.

It's the feeling the words bring to the HU psyche is more important that the direct translation.

Another set of words may evoke the same concept in a native speaker.

I never thought of that -

Song is called - Whole Of The Moon - by The Waterboys. 

I don't know though - I doubt it's been covered in HU - it's kind of well known, but was never a world wide hit.

Thanks.

Mogilny89 wrote:

I never thought of that -

Song is called - Whole Of The Moon - by The Waterboys. 

I don't know though - I doubt it's been covered in HU - it's kind of well known, but was never a world wide hit.

Thanks.

I had a quick look around and I think you can find the song with Hungarian subtitles on YouTube.   

I didn't look too hard I have to say.

Be careful with auto-generated subtitles. Some of them are ridiculously bad.

*update:  I listened to the song on YouTube and now I remember it - it's great song.

atomheart wrote:

"Te láttad az egész Holdat"

(The english version means that the person has seen every part of the moon, right? Not full moon?)

Google Translate results in :

Te látta az egész hold

Almost the same (text but not necessarily meaning)..... except dropping "d" and 'at' suffix (and the caps on proper nouns). Honestly curious.... Why the suffix dropped?  I know single letter ending of words in Hungarian can change things (a lot). So was simply curious in this case.

The verb see in in past tense second person singular is láttaD.

Then, you need to add "at" to "hold" to make the moon a subject.

Without these, google's translation is grammatically incorrect.

"Honestly curious.... Why the suffix dropped? "

I can only guess that Google's translator didn't drop them, but didn't add them as it's not considering the context of the words. Obviously the hungarian translator would need more work, but I also assume there is very little demand for it to warrant more investment...

atomheart wrote:

The verb see in in past tense second person singular is láttaD.

Then, you need to add "at" to "hold" to make the moon a subject.

Without these, google's translation is grammatically incorrect.

"Honestly curious.... Why the suffix dropped? "

I can only guess that Google's translator didn't drop them, but didn't add them as it's not considering the context of the words. Obviously the hungarian translator would need more work, but I also assume there is very little demand for it to warrant more investment...

Thank you!