Media in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

Being an expatriate in Malaysia is a golden opportunity to discover another culture and explore new perspectives. Each country has a unique radio and TV heritage and we would like to hear your opinion about it !

1. What was the film of the year 2019 for you in Malaysia?
2. Which local TV show is the most popular in Malaysia?
3. Which radio station is the most popular?
4. Which TV host has the best opinion?
5. Finally, what is your favorite radio or TV show? Why?

Thank you so much for your answers and see you soon !

Diksha

Goodness, im here 20 years and cant really answer a single question. Sure, bits and pieces of looking and listening over time but never so much time spent doing that to even have much of an opinion.

But having said that, i like all the PRamlee movies which helps a person discover an older Malaysia in a more simple time, i like the heart-tugging commercials that come on during Ramadan and Raya to get kids to go home and see their parents, and the one-off comic or dramatic short movie shows that come around. Some Malaysians are very sensitive and creative storytellers.

Malaysians are at the same time an immature and deceitful lot, deceitful as in their sea pirate history, and this extends to silly and dumb TV serials and also to video postings on Youtube or Instagram or Facebook that are outright lies created to deliberately misinform for a laugh, to make trouble or discredit those they dont like.

Thats all I can say in my limited experience. Maybe there are expats with more time on their hands who know much more and i'd like to hear it.