Which city has the lowest cost of living?

Please let me know which city that is close to the beach has the lowest cost of living including price to purchase a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment within the next 6 months.  Thank you.

Nelson Quintana

That's a rather broad brushstroke as the world is rather large with plenty of beaches!!

You first need to sort out which country is the easiest for you to be able to settle in regarding visas etc. climate enters into it too.
For living costs try www.numbeo.com 

In your profile you state you are seeking to live in Spain. If so then check it out as there are beaches, real estate available etc.

Under 'Discover'at the top of this page there is a Spanish Guide which is worth a read.

According to numbeo.org, the 25 cheapest cities worldwide (out of  432 that were evaluated) are all in India and Pakistan. Many of them are near the coast.
The central Asian rebublics (a.k.a. the "-stans") are also quite cheap, but far from the sea.
The listed places in Spain all cost as much as or more than El Paso in Texas, USA.
See https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/r … urrent.jsp

I think the cheapest places, concerning Europe are cities of Balkan states countries in North Macedonia. I've heard about some people working here on local university as Polish language teachers and said the costs  of living are much more cheaper than in Poland. I know this country is a landlocked one but they have a beautiful Ohrid lake. How about other countries with a coastal line there can be Albania, Romania or Ukraine (near/or in Odessa).

Nelson Q wrote:

Please let me know which city that is close to the beach has the lowest cost of living including price to purchase a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment within the next 6 months.  Thank you.

Nelson Quintana

If you are talking all over the world, then definitely in Asia will be cheaper.

Nelson Q wrote:

Nelson Quintana

Have you considered Cape Verde? It's very safe and island country. There also aren't almost any health hazards.

If you are talking about Nigeria, Lagos is relatively cheap and offers a good opportunity

hi
  i am himanshu

Kerala. Alapuzha

Kibz benjy wrote:

I can say in africa. Africa has a good climate.cost of living is low.

I think it depends on the African countries, some as South Africa, Madagascar, Seychelles or Namibia have bigger costs. I think the best ones could be Cape Verde (as I mentioned before), Sao Tome, Mozambique or Western Africa countries.

you should consider Zambia it is an amusing country and the cost of living is low, Zambia is also a very peaceful country, it has a number of lakes with nice beaches

Eh, if you've started an Africa talk I would also add island states as Comoros, Madagascar or islands of Tanzania and Kenya. They're peaceful and chilling and life cost if also quite cheap. There're also many expat communities in all those countries (except Comoros). The lowest cost life is in Comoros but you have to speak at least a little French  as it's not much popular expat destination. As I mentioned before Sao Tome and Cape Verde also can be cool.

Numbeo's 2020 Cost of Living Index.  Enjoy!

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings.jsp

Abthree: Great minds might think alike, but I was the first in posting that link above!

beppi wrote:

Abthree: Great minds might think alike, but I was the first in posting that link above!

Sorry about that -- missed it!

Klaudia Auste eR wrote:

Eh, if you've started an Africa talk I would also add island states as Comoros, Madagascar or islands of Tanzania and Kenya. They're peaceful and chilling and life cost if also quite cheap. There're also many expat communities in all those countries (except Comoros). The lowest cost life is in Comoros but you have to speak at least a little French  as it's not much popular expat destination. As I mentioned before Sao Tome and Cape Verde also can be cool.

Tanzania is a great country but actually quite expensive for visiters anyway.

TominStuttgart wrote:
Klaudia Auste eR wrote:

I just meant more remote islands, not Zanzibar.

Damilare Olaleye wrote:

If you are talking about Nigeria, Lagos is relatively cheap and offers a good opportunity

Judging from the number of e-mails I get from nigerian princes offering all of their fortune it really sounds like the land of opportunities!  :/

atomheart wrote:

Judging from the number of e-mails I get from nigerian princes offering all of their fortune it really sounds like the land of opportunities!  :/

How many princes reside in Nigeria?  Are there any regular people or only royals with deep pockets and generous hearts?

Klaudia Auste eR wrote:
TominStuttgart wrote:
Klaudia Auste eR wrote:

I just meant more remote islands, not Zanzibar.

High prices are not limited to Zanzibar. I traveled around the country for a month and it wasn't cheap anywhere. But of course, the more off the beaten path one goes, the more likely one will find better prices. But as a whole, Tanzania is a relatively expensive country for Africa or the third world. One tip is that if one gets legal residency there then the prices of things like museums can often be gotten for the local price rather than the official price for tourists which is often 10 times as much. I really liked Tanzania and recommend it as an interesting place to see - but not for someone on a tight budget. We had to skip some of the highlights other tourists see like a safari in Serengeti (usually starts at 300 USD per person per day) or climbing Kilimanjaro (1000 USD per person).

Hua Hin in southern Thailand is very reasonable.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Hua Hin in southern Thailand is very reasonable.

Prices there might be reasonable in your view (and I personally agree), but the OP asked for the cheapest cities - a quick comparison with the abovementioned Indian places reveals that in Hua Hin daily expenses are more than double, property (rent) over four times as high - so that it is on par with some places in Europe!
(This does NOT mean that you are wrong - just that looking at the statistics alone is near meaningless.)

Homs, Syria is extremely affordable these days. There are no beaches within city limits, but Tartus is close and quite nice, with a wonderful Mediterranean climate.

Khalida.UNC wrote:

Homs, Syria is extremely affordable these days. There are no beaches within city limits, but Tartus is close and quite nice, with a wonderful Mediterranean climate.

Have you been there recently?
Travelling in Syria is still considered difficult, even in areas where fighting has subsided.

Khalida.UNC wrote:

INSIDE HOMS CITY in 2019 - Syria after the Civil War

Cost of living in asia is less compare to European countries, I don't have idea on the cost of living in African countries. coming to beach areas. those areas are always in demand.

Have you been to Africa, Nigeria

Viet Nam

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR