Driving Licence

Anyone know how long i can drive in malta with my UK licence? is it indefinitly now since malta joined the EU? and also, if anyone knows of any 3 bed flats/appartements/houses to rent in either Mqabba/Zurrieq or Luqa can you PM me, thanks.

So long as your UK drivers licence is valid in the UK you're good to go here.

Tim

i agree with hammersfan

except if your going for an Arriva bus driving job lol then you must have a maltese licence - easy to get though -only takes three weeks.....so am told - but that might be a malti three weeks.LOL

Start eating lots of corn flakes as soon as you arrive.

If you save up 20 of the vouchers from the back of the special packs, you can send them away to the Malta Transport Authority and they give you a Maltese driving licence free of charge, no theory test or previous driving experience required.

Contrary to what toonarmy9752 has posted this will still not allow you to drive a Maltese bus. You must be able to prove that you are a blood relative of Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher to be allowed that privilege.

lets not forget eddie kid....

that's a name from the past - so I googled him and he was in the news today!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/865530-edd … er-43-days

Tim

yes poor begger did that walk thingy
very brave of him

hammersfan wrote:

So long as your UK drivers licence is valid in the UK you're good to go here.

Tim

100% true, but the DVLA won't allow you to change your address to an overseas one. Changing to a Maltese licence is easy.