Taxes on household effects when moving to Malta

HI . We have been Resident in Malta for 5 years, originally from the UK . We're finally moving into our own home here and are bringing all our furniture and belongings to Malta . One container from our house in France ( EU ) and one Container from our home in the US.
Does anyone know if we have to pay any taxes on this and if so how we calculate or who we can contact to find out.
Unsure what the procedure is as it's second hand items
Thanks
Kathy

You will need to give a bank guarantee for the value of the US component. The amount will be 5.3% of the value of your goods combined with the freight costs (and possibly insurance costs as well), along with an 18% Value-Added Tax. This is refundable after some time - people report it can take up to a year to get it back.

Thanks very much for the reply . Appreciate the info
Kathy

I don't know about dealing with shipping from UK, but I just moved a 40ft container filled with my furniture etc from the US to Malta. Piece of cake really. The shipper contacted a company in Malta, who took care of the lot. I had to fill in paperwork as requested by the Malta moving company and then all I had to do was to pay the tax part. Which I'll get back in a year. Easy peasy.
See more official info here https://customs.gov.mt/individuals-trav … -residence