Living in armenia

Hi you all

Starting a new chapter in life here in colombia
Been living the last 6 years in spain and before 4 years in thailand   

My business is moving to start up in alcala  close to pereria  and same distance  to armenia  so no matter what i will have 1 hour to work every day   

But were to live    i will bring my vife a 2 children when i have settled 

Any comments are very welcome   

Even pereria is bigger i have feeling that armenia is the place only been in pereria  the last 2 times here in colombia     i will move here end August  and take hotel the first 14 day

Thanks 🙏🙏🙏

Why not live in the pueblo de Alcalá?

Or Montenegro?

I live in Armenia, nothing wrong with it. But you could live in Alcalá with no issue.

Limited schools perhaps.

— Lyle

Hi lyle    exsactly The school s 🙏🙏🙏 but thanks

The Nietzschean Counter-Ressentiment Academy I assume?

Great school!

Welcome to Colombia, My name is Javier been living in Colombia 2 yrs now. Just bought a place in Calarca. My wife is from Colombia just sold my Place in TN. Remodeling the new home much work to be done. I wish you well in your transition with family.

Hola to you found my new Home in armenia  and will receive  keys next week to and amazing villa i love it ❤❤❤❤   

Thanks to all

🙏🙏🙏thanks so much  parcero  and good luck with your project     

If you need advice regarding your project   lett me know i am a architect and briclayer off education    doing this the last 25 years  as a developer and constructor   

Best regards benny

Hello Colombiaafar.  How are you enjoying Calaca so far?  Do you know the elevation of Calaca?  Is it uphill or downhill from Armenia?

barrumundi wrote:

Do you know the elevation of Calaca?  Is it uphill or downhill from Armenia?

The coffee town of Calarcá, Quindío (note spelling), is at 5161 feet elevation,  just slightly higher than Armenia.  It's located only about three miles from Armenia.

Calarcá has a population of about 79,000 (Wikipedia 2016).

Worth visiting in Calarcá:  the Quindío Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Center or Mariposario in a wooded complex with a visitor center.  Admission to the gardens and mariposario is inexpensive, the (mandatory) guides who accompany visitors are trained to give out all sorts of factoids about the flora and fauna of Colombia.  I had to ask my guide to talk less than 50 percent of the time so I could enjoy the natural surroundings without too much mental activity, and she obliged.

cccmedia

Thanks for that info. In view of the fact that you convinced the female guide to talk less than 50% of the time ..... perhaps you could have chat with my wife?

Let me how you did. I am nerves about moving to Armenia but I will do it at the latest April 2020. SO let me know how are you accommodating  to this new life. I've been out 50 years in he USA.

Mando54 Let me know when you arrive in Armenia if you need help with anything.

What's  the weather like in  Calarcá?  Typical highs and lows, rainfall?

Probably the same as Armenia, check out weatherspark dot com for the info you want and to make comparisons to other cities.

Thank you my friend , I'm still in the US, because the cosntruction of my apt., that I had bought is being delayed. Hopefully Feb,2021 could be more likely to get there... I'll keep in touch.

Dear Mando,

Don't buy your plane ticket prematurely.

Pre-construction plans routinely get delayed in South America.  I bought a condo in Quito in 2005 and it wasn't ready for occupancy until mid-2013.  Along the way, my property attorney notified me it would cost $3,000 US to initiate a court proceeding to attempt to collect the missed-deadline fees the developer had offered in the purchase contract.  Instead, they offered a free parking space, but that was taken off the table when the developer's financing failed and ownership of the complex was transferred.

cccmedia

right so , you are . Initially the deadline was April2019 and now is Feb 2021...Althought I've seen the videos and pictures , the construction is done. Noe for the paper work. I have no idea what they are saying, most of the time.. We'll see.