Artist looking for work visa

I am new here, looking for work, mostly to get my visa. Either a work visa or exceptional/promising talent visa as an artist-fashion designer. I will consider all possibilities (even nanny work) as I am beginning to be in dire need. My daughter is beginning uni there in September and I'm moving as well in June. I am a native French speaker, so Bilingual if that helps.
I welcome any and all positive help :)
merci beaucoup!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

This may not be so easy; I strongly recommend you read the thread "NON-EU CITIZENS APPLYING FOR A UK WORK VISA" at the top of this forum; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes I have read all the government website information, I thank you very kindly for the reply though!
I am hoping to get help from expats who have done it, I have varied skills so I think I can go about it different ways. Maybe as an artist, with a sponsor or even as a nanny...I'm very open to everything really.
I know this isn't easy, but in my experience, difficult is not impossible!
Thanks,
Sylvie

Hi again,

From what you've said, you have 2 options - 1st is a tourist visa, but you have to leave in 6 months, so probably not what you want, or one of the speciality visas; this link will take you to the website with the details.

As to whether anyone on here has any experience to help you through it, I suspect not.  It's not the sort of Forum where people hang around after they've achieved their aim.

If you do find a way around the legislation, please come back and let us know, then perhaps we can better advise the next person who asks a similar question.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

will do, thanks!