Advice for Indian man and English woman in love, wanting to come to UK

My partner and I are currently in india but are thinking about moving to the UK later this year. Does anyone have any advice or info about the best way to go about this? We have enough money to satisfy the officials, and I have a good credit rating in UK.
Should we get married in india before trying to get a visa for him to come to UK?
Any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks so much,
Cindy and Sunil

Hi and welcome on board Cindy and Sunil!

Your post was moved to the England forum for better visibility ;)

Good luck
Armand

Have you approached the UK High Commission yet?  I think that you should, to obtain advice. 

My Wife is Kenyan and we married in the UK over 14 yrs ago, when immigration laws were not as strictky enforced.  Even then the authorities were very obstructive when it came to applying for permanent residency and we were told that we should have married in Kenya, then applied from there. 

For Kenyans, it is now a requirement that a couple marry outside the UK, then apply for visas afterwards.  Even then, a visa may not be granted straight away - the British partner has to return and find work, somewhere to live etc.  I imagine that it could be similar for other nationalities.  The UK does not want to admit people who are unable to support themselves and indeed, (if evertything goes to plan) you should be granted temporary leave to remain, during which time you must not resort to public funds.  I think that this period is now 2 years (it was 1 year for us).  The authorities sometimes carry out checks on you during this time to establish that your relationship is genuine - there have been lots of 'marriages of convenience' over the years.

I hope that this helps.

I was in a little different situation but I obtain all my info from the official website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

I looked up for your circumstances which would be applying outside the UK and I found the direct link to the website. If you need more help just let me know. Take care and good luck!
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas … utside-uk/

Thanks for the response... I am in the process of contacting the High Commission... Fingers crossed our love can transcend all Borders! ;)