From British Columbia to England?

Hi everyone! I'm new to expat and I'm considering moving to England with my friend. The only thing is I graduated in June from high school and I'm taking a year off to think about what I want to pursue as a career. I travelled for a short amount of time in central america and just got home a few weeks ago. My aunt is moving to England and marrying the person she loves while my cousin and best friend is considering going with her. If my best friend leaves, then I want to go too and I know she won't leave without me. The only thing is I have no clue how or if I can transfer into an England school with my current Canadian education. I've always done well in school and I have enough credits to get into a great college but I don't know if that is good enough for England standards. My aunt's fiance has told me about the school system there and it is much better than Canada's! So I want to find out how difficult this process would be and if it would be worth it, etc. I know that this experience would be fantastic and I am more than happy to pursue this plan if it is possible.

Welcome on board georgiagahan!

I move your post to the England section.

Best of luck in your project!

georgiagahan wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm new to expat and I'm considering moving to England with my friend. The only thing is I graduated in June from high school and I'm taking a year off to think about what I want to pursue as a career. I travelled for a short amount of time in central america and just got home a few weeks ago. My aunt is moving to England and marrying the person she loves while my cousin and best friend is considering going with her. If my best friend leaves, then I want to go too and I know she won't leave without me. The only thing is I have no clue how or if I can transfer into an England school with my current Canadian education. I've always done well in school and I have enough credits to get into a great college but I don't know if that is good enough for England standards. My aunt's fiance has told me about the school system there and it is much better than Canada's! So I want to find out how difficult this process would be and if it would be worth it, etc. I know that this experience would be fantastic and I am more than happy to pursue this plan if it is possible.

It is difficult to provide a simple answer to your dilema, without knowing more detail about your education.

On the face of it, I would guess that you will have little difficulty in getting into a college.  But whether your perception of an acceptable college is the same as mine, I've no idea.

As to whether it's worth it - that's simple.  The best education in the world may be derived through experience... go for it.:cool: