Whatsapp issues 14 march 19

Whatsapp, facebook and instagram are having serious problems today.
FB is out completely at this point, Instagram seems slow but working, and Whatsapp is refusing some messages.

The latter is widely used here but pretty much everyone so that's likely to cause a lot of problems.

I understand the problem is pretty much worldwide.

Photos are getting through slowly on whatsapp and messages seem ok.

The rest can wait. If it's important and people remember then they could either have a face to face conversation or use thier mobile phones and make calls to people. Not seeing a picture of someone's coffee for an hour or 2 is OK for me...

yeah...too slow sending pic via wa.

I've had no issues whatsoever with Whatsapp receiving or sending messages including calls from 5am onwards messenger is a little dodgy Facebook fine

The drama around this maybe shows the excessive importance those social media things have taken in some peoples life ?
Disclaimer : I have no FB, Instagram, etc..
Just using W.A. and Line a bit to keep in touch with family.

Bali Frog wrote:

The drama around this maybe shows the excessive importance those social media things have taken in some peoples life ?
Disclaimer : I have no FB, Instagram, etc..
Just using W.A. and Line a bit to keep in touch with family.

I have Instagram for work - It;s used as a communications and training tool, very useful but not desperate if it goes offline for a few days.

WA, as far as Indonesia is concerned, is an absolute essential, most communication between ordinary people done this way, but it's a tool used very widely  in business and government.
That going down would be a big issue for a lot of people at every level of society.

Never used Whatsapp so much since coming to Indonesia tbh probably 80% of the time is WA calls and messages, FB I very rarely use other than for the kids / family back home mainly for photos etc. Messenger and line I use often for the uk, never had any of the others they don't interest me

Losing WA would be a massive problem here as most businesses and schools use it for communications. I have several WA groups for business use, as do many other people.
It's Indonesia's unofficial main mode of business communication.

All fine in Lombok, maybe little slow but can't say if the network is that reliable anyway...
It's good for the sol in all cases, it's only some sort of addiction

Cheers