French nationality

Hello,

I am currently working as a transport planner in one of the middle east's leading engineering companies. I was born in France 9 august 1993 . My parents stayed in France for 9 years but did not apply for a citizenship and went back to Lebanon directly after i was born. So my question is , is there anyway I can claim the french citizenship while working in Lebanon? Note that my sister is a year older and she got the french nationality as soon as she was born and also i have a masters from the university of Leeds ( if they care about this stuff). Also I have no issue hiring a lawyer to stay with the file or possibly get a lace and pay taxes while i am in Lebanon and maybe go for vacations every now an then. So if there is Any way I can do it please let me know .

Welcome to the Forum

This all very complicated stuff, I would seek legal advice.

French citizenship by birth in metropolitan France and its overseas territories

Children born in France (including overseas territories) to at least one parent who is also born in France automatically acquire French citizenship at birth (double jus soli).

A child born in France to foreign parents may acquire French citizenship:

- at birth, if stateless.

- at 18, if resident in France with at least 5 years' residence since age 11.

- between 16 and 18 upon request by the child and if resident in France with at least 5 years' residence since age 11.

- between 13 and 16 upon request by the child's parents and if resident in France continuously since age 8.

- if born in France of parents born before independence in a colony/territory in the past under French sovereignty.
      - at birth, if born in France before January 1, 1994.
      - at age 18, if born in France on or after January 1, 1994.

A child who was born abroad and who has only one French parent can repudiate their French nationality during the six months prior to their reaching the age of majority, or in the year which follows it (article 19-4 of the Civil Code).

[Post under review]

Thank you for your responses. Another question is , if I were ro move back to france for a job lets say ( any idea how difficult that is ?) , would I have an advantage over someone who was not born there or is it all the same and I need 5 years to get the nationality ?

Morever, If I hire a lawyer , would that expedite the process?

Thank you

[Post under review]