What do you do to keep busy

Hi everyone.
This is more aimed at those who have retired.
We are looking at moving to Thailand to retire. We are 55.

My buggest concern is what to do all day. Im happy to volunteer but have been told have to come under a different visa.

Hubbie doesnt play golf.

So what to do?
After a month of laying around the pool i would be going nuts.

Thanks Caz

If you tell us where you will be living and what both you and your husband's interest are we may be able to assist you.

Hi Barry.
Thanks for your reply.
We are looking at Hua Hin at this stage.
Interests. Well im a gym bunny.

Our biggest problem is we have spent our whole lives working really long hours that doesnt leave alot of time for anything else.

Weekends are usually spent putting the house back together, food shopping etc.

Thus our need to stop and smell the roses. I just dont know what we will do with our time.

When we have time off we usually go traveling.

At this stage we are looking at trialling it next year for 6 months. I have long service leave and hubby will do fifo in and out. 2 weeks there. 2 weeks working.

You personally will be ok with your gym interests, while you are there you will find many ladies groups to help you find other interests. You have to get inside your husbands head and find what he likes and try and organise his interests through the ladies husbands.

I still wake early every morning, 5-7 AM, And my Wife like to sleep to 9 AM.
So i have some time for my self, Super... :-)

I make breakfast, Some food for our dog. Read the news from back home and around the world, If need put cloth in the washing machine.
Then out with the dog 30-45 minute.
If cloth finish i go get that done outside.

If summer season i give the garden water here all so here.

Some time i relax to after midday some time i bicycle before midday.
Normal 40-60 minute, Sometimes bicycle and walk on the beach.

Around 2 PM it is time to take the dog out again 30-45 minute.

Around 4 PM I sweep out front, Then water the garden.
Collect our waste and bring it to the end of our Soi.

Around 6-7 PM Dog time again.

Evening i like to play some games on PC where i join friends from back home, To some relax, social fun and enjoy a little time with "old" friends.

And of course a few times a week we go out to shop, Eat, Meet friends and so on.

For me, It is more the enough.

if I didn't have arthritis in my hands and fingers, I take up fishing at the sea. :-(

Kindly

Thanks guys for your replies. Really appreciate it. Sounds like i need to get a dog lol

Planning is in early stages so see how it comes together.

We lived in Phuket when I was in my late 40's and early 50's.  We weren't retired but we worked for a lot of people that were; they had all sorts of things that they did.  Many people went on the 'Hash' - which is like a jungle walk/run, with a party afterwards.  Others played a lot of golf.  It seemed like many people had building projects going on.  I know that, for me, I like Bike Riding (both people and gas powered).  We end up spending a lot of time trying to get our farms going and building our house.  Our problem is that we can only spend a few months a year outside of the US; our plan eventually is to go to about 50:50 US:Thai - we'll be good 'SnowBirds'.
I think that you'll find enough to do to be happy that you retired in the Land of Smiles.

In Hua Hin, you have many Muay Thai Gyms for conditioning.
You also have many fitness centers for training. The biggest is True Arena which is a beautiful facility where you can play tennis outside or pickleball inside plus the many other amenities. Don't quote me but around 25000 Baht annually.

Many other facilities where you can enter daily at 100 Baht per day.

Many opportunities to learn Thai at 3 locations on the main drag Petchakasem Rd.

There are a couple of dynamic leaders in volunteerism for an orphanage and the poor.

Lizzie is the in-person in Hua Hin to apprise you of all the events going on.

Early morning cycling or beach walking.

Carpe Vitam in HH.