Starting a regular life in Thailand

So married a nice Thai woman 6 years ago and have spent those years in America settling things and letting her see my world, now we are ready to go home to her wonderfully supportive family. Already bought and own a home in a nice small town far from anything of interest so 20,000 people and I think there are 3 falangs in town, quiet inexpensive no drunken tourists no traffic jams and clean air. It is a nice quiet place to life and build a life together, I do not miss foreign company or food. The home cooked Thai food is fabulous and inexpensive. I have 12 relatives living with in walking distance so am never alone or un watched. I cycle daily with the local club, and swim at the local high school, and do daily repairs around the 3 family homes as well as help Uncle fix the family vehicles. So am not board or at a loss for things to do. They are regular people with jobs and family, nieces and nephews and cousins and all. I have internet access and satellite TV why I am tired. Spent time remodeling the kitchen to a modern level, and just had all the old fuses upgrade to modern breaker boxes. I have a little workshop area in the garage for projects and a small office desk for my internet and computer stuff. I have a nice breeze today through the screened door and windows and making so refrigerator pickles in the fridge. This is one of the nicest places I have ever had to life and can only complain about having to shovel the sunshine off the front walk every morning after a nice cup of instant coffee.

What a wonderful life you have!

JordesJordes wrote:

What a wonderful life you have!

Wait a bit and you might change your opinion :-)

You certainly a very happy man, I moved to Thailand in November 2018 and married my beautiful Thai bride, at the moment we are living in Chiang Mai. We are having a modest 2 bedroom home built in her village which is outside Hod City, 1 1/2 south of CM. Her helpful family all live close by. Her mother has a large longan orchid which I will help her tend. The village number two man is my wife's uncle and has asked me to help out at the school to help the children with English classes. I hope in the near future my life will be as happy as yours.