Ordering a new mosaic from El Jem

Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to order mosaic's from the factories in El Jem and pay fair and honest prices but I can not get a single Tunisian person in the trade markets to be honest with me. Is it too much to simply employ someone for 2 weeks and pay for the labor? It seems there have been so many successful scams in Tunis that I am the rarity in living here.

Please tell me how much a mosaic maker gets paid or how to buy a mosaic at an honest price?

William of Norm wrote:

Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to order mosaic's from the factories in El Jem and pay fair and honest prices but I can not get a single Tunisian person in the trade markets to be honest with me. Is it too much to simply employ someone for 2 weeks and pay for the labor? It seems there have been so many successful scams in Tunis that I am the rarity in living here.

Please tell me how much a mosaic maker gets paid or how to buy a mosaic at an honest price?

William,

It will be difficult for you as a foreigner to get a fair price for what you want.  Do you have any Tunisian friends that you can take with you.  They can pretend that it is for them and bargain hard.  Are you living near El Djem?

You are not a rarity - I am living for more than 11 years here in Tunisia and I still sometimes get cheated but then you should know that majority of Tunisians get cheated also.  It drives us crazy!!