Customer care in Tunisia

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Tunisia and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Tunisia?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Tunisia?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Been to 17 countries, so far the worst customer service I have ever come across has been in Tunisia. Be in restaurants, boutiques, hotels, banks, offices, there is no customer service whatsoever. Doesn't matter whether its a high end restaurant or five star hotel, the service is well below par.

I have to say that there is no such thing as customer service here.  No-one here has been educated really and it is just taken for granted that this is the norm.  The only real assistance I have been given is from my bank and that's only because I am considered a 'rich' foreigner which I am definitely NOT!!!

Forget about guarantees - they are not worth the paper they are written on because it will always be your fault that they are not working.  And the bureaucracy is just amazing.  This is because much of it is inherited from the French and just doesn't work in an Arabic country.  You can be sent to a multitude of ministeries, offices etc just to have a document sorted.  Yes it is frustrating not just to foreigners but to Tunisians as well!

But you can't fight the system so you just have to go with it...........then go and have a nap!!

I have only been to Tunisia twice but cant fault their customer care and the way they made me feel welcome In fact I would rate them far above my own country which Is the UK as for some of the previous comments perhaps the "customer" needs to examine their attitude and manner toward the person who served them

I have only been here a few months but customer service is hit and miss.  Some places have terrible service and other places have good service.  I can't get used to cashiers not greeting customers at Monoprix or carrefoure.  Not even an "asslema" or "bonjour" or welcome to our store kind of greeting.  I got a pedicure and the disdain I felt from the nail salon person was thick--very uncomfortable!  Anyone know where I can get a proper pedicure in La Marsa area?

Annekfrance wrote:

I have only been to Tunisia twice but cant fault their customer care and the way they made me feel welcome In fact I would rate them far above my own country which Is the UK as for some of the previous comments perhaps the "customer" needs to examine their attitude and manner toward the person who served them

I guess you were staying in one of the tourist areas??