Type D Visa

Hello, I'm supposed to be moving to Bulgaria in 1 week, but my visa isn't ready according to the Embassy, as of this morning. They know my intended date of arrival, but I've been told they have no information for me. I'm trying not to stress about it, but if it takes any longer I'll miss the orientation week at my new uni. If only they offered an expedited service. I'm curious about others who've gotten a type D visa, specifically from the US embassy, and what your wait time and experience was like.
Thank You

As far as I know citizens of USA can visit Bulgaria for a short stay /up to 30 days/ without visas. You can check if this is still valid.

Otherwise you can apply for a tourist visa or a short stay visa - type C.

I'll be there for four years and have already applied for the type d long term visa

Great!
Then you can either miss the orientation week or arrive in Bulgaria without a visa.

Kristiann but can he apply for a tourist or C-visa while he already applied for a D-visa?
I wouldn't recommend arriving in Bulgaria without a visa ;)

Everything is possible  :cool:

:D

Well looking at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is also awise thing to do ;)
MFA Bulgaria

Everyone I've talked to from the LA embassy in the US has gotten theirs right around the 45 day mark.