Applying for a visa D seems to be the option

Hi All, I was born in Plovdiv and I am in Nigeria.i just got admission to varna university of management.was admitted as home student and I have paid tuition fees a d gotten accommodation at varna Inn.i am been asked my ID no which I do not have.so applying for a visa D seems to be the option.any advise pls?

If you were born in Bulgaria why would you need a visa? Just go to the Bulgarian consulate and they will be able to get you a BG ID and a passport if you have your birth certificate. If you don't then ask them what's the best course of action.

Thanks for your reply.the consulate is not helpful.He said I do not relate to BG by blood so I cannot qualify as a bulgarian.i am really confused have paid school fees,Accommodation,flight ticket ,insurance .

He says bulgarian birth certificate is nt a valid document am so surprised .He said I have to apply as a foreigner with Visa D which in this case would take 3months so definitely cannot make school.as school resumed yesterday for masters programme.its sad.

I see how that can happen, I'm yet to find a helpful BG official.

D visa is a good option. Go for it.
Bulgarian visa:

And i am quite surprised that you do not have Bulgarian ID! This needs to be checked.
=http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/95/index.ht … itizenship

you can also ask your university for assistance on this.

3 months period means that you cannot apply for a visa more than 3 months before your departure date. So you should be able to receive visa within a much shorter term.

The school is saying I cannot come to BG with a D visa because I have paid as a home student .that if I will use a D visa,then I will have to pay as  a foreigner and admission for foreigner is late in which she has asked me to defer till next year October.

I have lost so much money on processes and All.it is so sad.i am beginning to have my doubt about bulgarians as not being helpful and racial.i intent to come with my baby but not sure I want to come anymore. I am not encouraged .my baby is a citizen of America maybe I should consider relocating to America instead.

Bulgarian citizenship laws state that you are a Bulgarian citizen if you are born in Bulgaria ONLY if you do not take another citizenship by origin. That means that if neither of your parents are Bulgarian, even if you were born in Bulgaria, if they opted to give you their national citizenship at birth, you are not automatically a Bulgarian citizen. Being born in Bulgaria, you can apply for Bulgarian citizenship 3 years after you get your permanent stay permit (as opposed to the usual 5 years). Which means, unfortunately, you would have to apply for a D-visa, and it usually takes at least a month to get.

As a side-note, some officials have been less than helpful, but I have meant plenty of nice Bulgarian officials that have helped me navigate the system and helped me out when I was late with a renewal or had the wrong paperwork. I have found that a lot of patience and a respectful attitude can go a long way with many of the Bulgarian officials (not all, some are just jerks).

I am super sorry you will miss your semester due to the visa issue.

Thank you so much Kojidae.

The school is not concerned by the type of your visa. They should not check it normally.
But the reality is, that foreign students pay much higher yearly installments and this is legally regulated. The reason for this is that ъоур parents are paying taxes here then you can use the educational and health care systems at a lower price.

So if the school decides you have used citizenship issues to deceive them and pay less - then they might request your visa and your residence status.

Relocation decisions are out of my scope, but I must add that wherever you decide to go you will have to abide the local laws. And this has nothing to do with racial, ethical or whatever other reasons. Also I do not want to comment the racial hints in your post.

I am Bulgarian, and if you like you can decide to consider me a racist for not being cooperative enough to your standards, but that does not make me one for sure!