Bringing the motorbike to Cairo

Hi there. Could you advise if it is difficult to bring a big motorbike ( Harley) to Cairo. How much would  customs  cost.
Thank you in advance,

Nadya

hi Nadeza,

the usual customes is about 30% of the original purchase price for brand new bikes. the same percentage apply to used ones with no restrictions on the model year unlike cars, however for used bikes Egyptian customes do not follow any invoice for price formula and they assess that locally. this means that you will depend on your luck based on who is going to evaluate your bike if it is a used one.

I know some good customes brokers who i used in the past and got me a very good deal on my autos coming from the USA, if interested let me know.

Good Luck

Hi,

I would like to know how much it would cost to bring our car to egypt. I have been told that the customs duty is very expensive on cars is that right?

Our car is a 2004 KIA LX does anyone know what we would have to pay once we reached Cairo,

Many thanks,

my dream

let me give you an advice: Do Not :(

here is my experience, i shipped my Kia Sedona (caravan) 2003 from USA. I released it on temporary release for 6 month which cost me about $3000 plus the insurance and shipping. so i wanted to pay the whole customs after the 6 month for permenant release, they calculated and told me I have to pay 270,000 Eg Pounds. in the mean time i could buy the same car, but 2010 model here locally for 230,000. so you can do the math. unless new regulations are expected, i would advice against it.

good luck

I AGREEE :S

I didnt try this before but as I hear from people here I go with charterbg. :S :S .

Wish u good luck

charterbg wrote:

let me give you an advice: Do Not :(

i would advice against it.

i totally agree with Charterbg!