Dating and finding love as an expat in Bahrain

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Bahrain?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Bahrain?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Bahrain?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Bahrain?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi All,

I am very new here in Bahrain I been visit lot of country but here I find in Bahrain there is no pure love everyone ready for only for hookup and spend money , like me less salary person no girlfriend even you are serious and loyal

Am also waiting to get a Dating friend hum

Hey Priscilla,

Great Question!

Like anywhere else in the world, dating here can be tricky and it is always important to respect and adhere to the traditional and cultural norms prevalent in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

To that extent, Bahrain has a vibrant nightlife but if that's not your scene, its always better to get a friend to introduce you to new people. Dating is generally not frowned upon as long as you follow and respect the rules i.e no overly public displays of affection. Additionally, open communication and respecting each other's boundaries will also greatly aid you in navigating through the dating scene in the country. 

Hope this helps.

If I get a female friend will I be stuck?

Things depends on your targets, why you are here in Bahrain, primary target to support your family back home, if you still have time then look around, find someone struggling like you, make him/her friend, go for dating, support each other