3 months to figure out my visa to Bali.

As planned  I put out my resignation and now I have 3 months to figure out my visa to move to Bali, the more I read about the more confusing it gets. Could someone guide me on the right direction?

I'm Brazilian, planning to move to Bali in January and will not work while staying there. Initial plan is to stay there for at least a year and will rent a place.

Should I just go to the Indonesian embassy and start the processe there? My understanding is that if I enter as tourist visa I won't be able to extent of convert it to a long stay. What should I be asking for when I go to the embassy?

Thank you.

A travel agent can sponsor you for a Sosbud, that's good for 2 months with two extensions and can be renewed if you leave the country.
Immigration will check you aren't working when you apply for extensions or replacements.

Thank you, will look into my Indonesian fiancé to sponsor me... I'll drop by the embassy with her and see if this is possible. I guess Sosbud would be the way to go...

Regards.

visa options

1. visa 211
2. visa d212
3. itas 319 depends upon your age

xheers,
rick

FOQA wrote:

Thank you, will look into my Indonesian fiancé to sponsor me... I'll drop my the embassy with her and see if this is possible. I guess Sosbud would be the way to go...

Regards.

Any Indonesian can sponsor you.
If you get married, she can sponsor you for a one year KITAS

I'm 40... still trying to figure out my options. Leaving the country every 6 months would not be a problem, actually I'm trying to figure out it Sosbud is one entry only because this could be a problem if I need to visit my family abroad and then want to return to Indonesia or go on a short vacation for example.

The only sosbud I had was years ago and I used it for single entry so no idea.
Others might well be able to answer you

D211 visa,is a one year visa,also a family visa,allowing you to visit your family abroad.

if you need help pm me.thanks

After some research I figured the Social VISA is the way to go but my Indonesian girlfriend is from Jakarta, because of this if she sponsors me I'll have to request extensions in Jakarta.... too much hassle. I guess I'll need to contact a broker, any reliable brokers to recommend?

Thank you.

Hi FOQA,

D212 is a family visa too (social visa),depends on how d212 visa was applied.
Its a one year visa,and doesnt need extension.

if you need help pm me.

xheers!
rick