Australian Visa for Indonesian wife of Australian

Hello all

We applied for a tourist visa to Australia about 12 months ago when we were both in Hong Kong and it was denied (with no right to appeal) based on the fact that she did not have assets or much reason to return to return to HK.  Since then we have moved to Bali, bought a villa, settled and married last October.

So we applied again at end of Feb, 2024 with me (Australian citizen) as sponsor and Immigration has written back to say that I am not eligible to be a sponsor as I am not 'settled' in Australia and the visa may be denied because of this reason.  I have written a formal letter explaining the situation - we are married and live together and this seems like a fairly normal situation to me.  Should I need to carry on a long distance marriage for my wife to be able to travel to Oz?

I am wondering if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation and have any advice to offer?

Many thanks

Andrew

I did ask this previously and did consult with an agent who said the application should be fine but apologies for the repetition.