Can i enter in malaysia if my mdec letter has expired?

Hi all,

I came here to seek for help, can i enter malaysia when my mdec letter has expired?

This is what happened, i applied for ref visa in philippines last oct 16, 2018 and was approved. It will expire on jan 16,2018 since it is 3 months validity. But mdec letter will expire this coming november 5, 2018. I still have to wait for the peoa registration to be completed, but it will take 3 weeks to process and surely not finish before nov 5.

What do you think of this situation? Help.

I don't think you would be able to get the Stage II (i.e. stamping of EP) done if the Visa Approval Letter has expired. The employer would need to reapply, once you have the clearances in PH.

In fact, it is very strange that you have an Visa Approval Letter, because usually Malaysian immigration would not approve an application without the PH approvals having been obtained.

Thank you.

Gravitas wrote:

I don't think you would be able to get the Stage II (i.e. stamping of EP) done if the Visa Approval Letter has expired. The employer would need to reapply, once you have the clearances in PH.

In fact, it is very strange that you have an Visa Approval Letter, because usually Malaysian immigration would not approve an application without the PH approvals having been obtained.

Thank you for your reply. Currently I have the single entry visa valid for 3 months. So with your explanation, my employer should reapply to get mdec letter and after that I need to re apply for reference visa here in ph? Correct me if im wrong.