Searching for a job in KL

I'm planning to shift to Malaysia in December '18 on Dependent visa. My husband is working in Lion & Lion company Malaysia as Digital Team Lead .I'm looking for job opportunities in Malaysia KL. Currently I'm handling three firms in Mumbai. I have 4.5 years experience in Indian Institute Of Management Ahmadabad as Advertising sales management & JAM Campus Abroad operations Promotion ,Planning Media Advertising & Event Sponsorship management.

Difficult times in Malaysia to find employment outside the IT sector, but check with Robert Walters as they sometimes have positions where foreigners can apply. There is no major solution but tracking opportunities in the usual places like Monster, LinkedIn, etc.

Okay Gravitas. I will check.thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Friends

Is it not difficult for spouse to work after, if she comes 1st on dependent visa?

I had been told the wife cannot work if that is the case?

Regards

She would have to exchange the DP for an Employment Pass. That means she would need to get a job offer and then have immigration approve that she can be hired.

The issue is, unless she has skills that are not available in the Malaysian workforce, immigration reject applications with the statement "job can be done by a Malaysian"

If she works in the IT industry as a software engineer, then the chances of her finding a job are highest.

LinkedIn is your best bet!

You can create account in Monster malaysia, Jobstreet malaysia for any job opening in malaysia also  try luck with linkedin network.