New US Passport question

i dont have any pages left on my passport and need to get a new one.  Someone told me that you cant get back in the Philippines with new passport.  They said it has to be be older then 6 months old or they wont let you in.  Is this true?  If so, are there any exceptions?

Globalbarron wrote:

i dont have any pages left on my passport and need to get a new one.  Someone told me that you cant get back in the Philippines with new passport.  They said it has to be be older then 6 months old or they wont let you in.  Is this true?  If so, are there any exceptions?

That is a weird information. I think maybe what the person meant was your passport being valid for at least 6 months before expiration. meaning you can only enter the country at least 6 months prior to the expiration of your passport and not your passport being old for 6 months.

The best i know is, the 6 months validity- is a standard requirement for traveling to most countries. But hey, it is philippines and things have changed. 

I do not think is true. But you can call their embassy and verify that information, or someone who has experienced it will comment soon.

Globalbarron wrote:

Got my renewed passport last June, had no trouble getting a bb stamp on my passport when I entered Manila in October.  Sounds like what you need is at least 6 months left on the passport, how new it is means nothing.

The first time I came to the Philippines my passport was brand new and had never been used. In fact, it was my first passport. There was no problem on entry or exit.
Only passport requirement is that you have  at least six (6) months left on your passports validity when you come.

Navajo52 wrote:

The first time I came to the Philippines my passport was brand new and had never been used. In fact, it was my first passport. There was no problem on entry or exit.
Only passport requirement is that you have  at least six (6) months left on your passports validity when you come.

I had renewed mine less then o month before coming here thus all page were blank. I had no problems entering or exiting either.

Yes, makes no difference if all pages are blank or if the passport pages are almost full. Their only interest is that you have a valid passport--period.