British and filipino passport for baby

My girlfriend and i have just had a daughter born here in Davao.
I am UK citizen and the baby has my surname on birth certificate.

Can anyone give advice (or where to find the answers) on:
1. Is it possible for child to hold dual nationality?
2. How do i get a British passport for her? Do i need to get her philippine passport first?

Suggestions/ advice please

Hi Andy.
Yes. Both Philippines and UK allow Dual Nationality.
You apply at the Passport Office in Both Countries.

Thanks Rammers.

Wrt applying at British passport office.....

Do you mean apply using the online form?
I can't seem to find any form that says applying for child.
Also there is question to say is she British citizen.
According to rules - she is because i am British, born in Britain. But it's a bit ambiguous.

Can you give any further advice?

Thanks

Information can be found at the British Embassy

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/ … ssy-manila

Thanks!

Hi Andy.
When we applied for our Childrend Passports  (Many Years ago) We were living in Germany, and did everything through the Consulates. However! The British Consulates don't issue Passports any more. It all has to be done online.
I believe the standard Passport Application Form has a section to apply for a child Passport.
I have found the British Passport Office very good at giving Advice. Perhaps if youe mail them, they
may be able to help you further?

Thanks Rammers.
Appreciate your help.

Probably best if you get a filipino passport first, but does not stop you applying for a British passport, at the same time, your daughter can have both, a dual citizenship, is allowed, when you apply for the British passport, make sure, if you where there at the birth, that you supply pictures, you with her and baby at the time, all medical records, scans ect.

Thanks for that.
I am still confused exactly where i have to apply.
Cos the online options don't seem to give you form option for being in Phils AND applying on behalf of child.

There doesn't seem to be anyone you can phone for help!

I am wondering if i can apply to Uk passport office while i am in Uk and baby in Philippines?
That would seem safer in terms of not having all the original documents lost in post etc.

Hi! I have the same issue now. I just gave birth here in philippines with egyptian father. Were so confuse also if what passport we're  going to get first to our baby. Any someone knows or have some information about how to apply an egyptian passport here in philippines? Pls.

why you non ask in embussy? so then you have a right information

someone know what need to do in case of going out of philippines with baby? is it enough have ticket and passaport of baby o need something more? thanks for information