Hairdresser for bleach blonde 😊

Help!  I'll be Hurghada from the beginning of December through the end of February.  It's our first time in Egypt so will be asking lots of questions 😂

Most important....hair!  I have Platinum blonde hair (think Marilyn Monroe) and will need touch ups while I'm in Hurghada.  Any suggestions on where to go or should I bring a wig! Thanks!!

Take your colour in your hold luggage as you're not guaranteed to get same one over there ...and take lots of really good conditioner as it will dry out x

Thanks!  My only problem with this is that I don't do my own color.  The hairdresser does all the mixing/toning etc.  If you know of a hairdresser you like I could always ask them for suggestions. 

Thanks so much!

in New Cairo

Hi

Egyptian bleaching products are very strong and damaging to the hair so you need a hairdresser that uses imported products.
There are a few expat hairdressers in Hurghada. I used to go to a German woman called Tabea and she was amazing. I used her for the 3 years I was living in Hurghada. She has a salon just off Sheraton St
I can get her contact details if you are interested.

You could also go to the Hurghada Expats Facebook page and post there - you will get lots of help :)

Here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/140553945973771/

Thank you so much!  Yes, I would love her information and I will definately check out the other page.  I really appreciate this!

I've had horrible experiences with salons here in Egypt. I've gone to what are considered "top" salons and they destroyed my hair. I was originally living in the Maadi neighborhood of Cairo, which they claim is all foreigners (not at all). The salons promise they do hair like mine all the time (bs). Both salons I walked away with ash green, fried, breaking off hair. Now I'm living in Dahab & completely removed from anything resembling a real salon😭 Listen to the above advice. Either bring your own products or go to the German woman in Hurgada because you know of someone who has actually had her services & liked it. Good luck dear. And if anyone knows of a place in Dahab or Sharm plz let me know. Thnx

Teresadeeb wrote:

Thank you so much!  Yes, I would love her information and I will definately check out the other page.  I really appreciate this!

Hi

Tabea's phone number is 01006258828  - when you call she will explain how to find the salon.  It is called Gosia's beauty World and as I said it is just of the main street (Sheraton St) and is at the Hadaba end of Sheraton St.

:)

AliciaMarquez wrote:

I've had horrible experiences with salons here in Egypt. I've gone to what are considered "top" salons and they destroyed my hair. I was originally living in the Maadi neighborhood of Cairo, which they claim is all foreigners (not at all). The salons promise they do hair like mine all the time (bs). Both salons I walked away with ash green, fried, breaking off hair. Now I'm living in Dahab & completely removed from anything resembling a real salon😭 Listen to the above advice. Either bring your own products or go to the German woman in Hurgada because you know of someone who has actually had her services & liked it. Good luck dear. And if anyone knows of a place in Dahab or Sharm plz let me know. Thnx

hi

Have you heard of the website Sharm Women? You can post questions on that site and maybe you will find other expats that will be able to give you info about a good hairdresser among the expat community there. I will post the link below - go to the Pin Board link to make your post.

https://www.sharmwomen.com/:)

You're a doll!  Thanks so much!

I'm entering a whole new world so any help is always appreciated. 😊

Thanks!!

Try take as many details...type of bleach (cream or powder) and the toners number or 'recipe' if it's a blend from your hair dresser in uk.

I went to an apparently top salon in the European district and my hair has been changed from a silver to a brassy dry blonde.

And the roots didn't even bleach correctly ...

I'm getting the exact blend of bleach from my hair salon in uk and taking this info along with my exact toner make/number to any future visits.  Like you I'm there long term and have no choice but to get my colour redone.

Also consider wrapping your hear somehow cos the sun greatly alters the tone. May not be an issue in December with less hours/strong sun

😎