Information

Hallo Good day
My name is Ajax and I married to a romanian girl in Pakistan  .  I live in Germany by asylum & now I want to registere my marriage in romania. Last time we go to romania consulate in Munich  & we write a declaration to registered our marriage in romania .& the consulate give us some documents about declaration
My question is this we have to send all documents to romania for registered our marriage in romania or the consulates send our documents to romania.
If we have to send all the documents so please tell us where we have to registered our marriage in romania because we write a declaration to one of my wife's cousin.
Hope to hear from anyone  soon
Have a nice day
Thanks .

I am not sure I understand every thing that you are saying, however, if you are able to register the marriage via the Romanian consulate in Munich, then, you fill out an application/declaration and you present the original marriage certificate (you should have it translated, perhaps in english would work?) and all other documents you might have i.e. birth certificate, passport, etc.

The consulate will never retain your original documents, they will inspect them, may ask for them to be translated if they are issued in Pakistan and when they are happy with them they will photocopy them and hand you back the original documents.

This is based on my experience with the Romanian consulate in Toronto. Along the years I have had many documents issued, but I have never left any original documents at the consulate.

Good luck.

Thanks Christian.
But I don't know that the consulate issues us marriage certificate or my wife's cousin have to go there in Bucharest to registere our marriage in romania
&second how long it's took time because we provide all documents to consulate since 3 weeks & still nothing new
But when we write a declaration they give us duplicate papers that we write a declaration
My question is this can my wife's cousin have to registered our marriage in romania or consulate did everything for us?
Have a nice day Christian for your information
Thanks

Egaz, what is involved when you ask the consulate to (and I quote) 'to registered our marriage in romania'  what happens is that your marriage will be registered as if it took place in Romania (even though it did not) and the end result is that you will be issued a romanian marriage certificate, exactly as you would have received if you were to have been married in Romania (well, aside from the place which will be different, of course).

It's the same principle for birth certificates of children of (at least one) romanian parent(s), as I did for my son, I have presented his canadian birth certificate, along with other id (such as canadian passport) and after 2-3 months I have received back a romanian birth certificate, which looks exactly as mine (born in Romania) except for the place of birth which reads 'CAN' instead of a city/village in Romania.

In terms of wait time, they should have advised how long the process will take, usually 2 months or so, could be faster, but I don't think it will be more than 3 months. You will be contacted at the address you provided when it's ready for pickup.

Since you have already initiated the process through the romanian consulate in Germany, I advise to not ask your wife's cousin to intervene in any way, since it could cause trouble down the road (i.e. double registration, assuming it's not 100% computerised).

Hope that helps and good luck.

Thank you very much
But when first time we go there they told us we have to registere our marriage in pakista or In romania & my wife ask them if I present any one who registere our marriage in romania so how then they ask it's possible but we have to write a declaration.
It's a little complicated but I think we declare a person & we send him all documents copy
We need marriage certificate & if she could do this in a legal way so I think it's all right .
Hope to hear from you soon.

Good night from Germany
Thanks for your information

Egaz, I thought that you have already submitted all of the paperwork with the Consulate and you were waiting for the marriage certificate.

> But when first time we go there they told us we have to registere our marriage in pakista or In romania

Ok, you said in your first post that you were married in Pakistan, in which case you are already registered there, and your marriage certificate is, I assume, issued in Pakistan.

Is the consulate having a problem with the fact that it's a Pakistani marriage certificate and they would only process this registration service if the marriage certificate was issued in Germany, but they can not do so if it's been issued by a third country? I would not be surprised if that was the case.

If that is the situation, then your only option really is to ask someone to do it in your behalf, and the 'declaration' you mention might be a power of attorney which you and  your wife signed so that someone else (wife's cousin) can represent you in front of Romanian authorities.

Thank you very much for your information Christian .