Can you go outside Romania after you get your residence permit?

Hello, I'm planning to move to Romania and get married to my fiancé, and eventually I would need to get a residence permit. Since my fiancé works in Spain, he wants me to go there too and work but is that even possible even if I'm not a permanent resident of Romania?  What is the regulations of having permit of residence in Romania. Am  I allowed to go  outside Romania and work? Or I have to complete some years in Romania before I can do that?

Thank you!  :)

cheskafrencis wrote:

Hello, I'm planning to move to Romania and get married to my fiancé, and eventually I would need to get a residence permit. Since my fiancé works in Spain, he wants me to go there too and work but is that even possible even if I'm not a permanent resident of Romania?  What is the regulations of having permit of residence in Romania. Am  I allowed to go  outside Romania and work? Or I have to complete some years in Romania before I can do that?

Thank you!  :)

Well you have to decide where you are going to live/work.  If your prospective spouse lives/works in Spain, and you plan to join him there after marriage, then you need to apply for a residence permit for Spain, not Romania.  Do note that you can only hold 1 residence permit at any time.  So if you obtain a Romanian residence permit, then go to another country (or are absent from Romania more than 6 months) your residence permit will be invalid as you will have abandoned your residency in Romania.  As a family member of a EU citizen, you will have the right to work in the EU.  It is not necessary to have permanent residence in any EU country to have that right.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
cheskafrencis wrote:

Well you have to decide where you are going to live/work.  If your prospective spouse lives/works in Spain, and you plan to join him there after marriage, then you need to apply for a residence permit for Spain, not Romania.  Do note that you can only hold 1 residence permit at any time.  So if you obtain a Romanian residence permit, then go to another country (or are absent from Romania more than 6 months) your residence permit will be invalid as you will have abandoned your residency in Romania.  As a family member of a EU citizen, you will have the right to work in the EU.  It is not necessary to have permanent residence in any EU country to have that right.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

So what you  are trying to say is, that I should apply for EU citizen rather than a residence permit? My fiancé doesn't permanently work in Spain, its just temporary, so that means we are going back to Romania again.

cheskafrencis wrote:

So what you  are trying to say is, that I should apply for EU citizen rather than a residence permit? My fiancé doesn't permanently work in Spain, its just temporary, so that means we are going back to Romania again.

No, I didn't try to say that at all :)  I'm saying that as a spouse/family member of an EU citizen, you generally have the right to settle and work with your spouse.

If you want to join your spouse and stay in Spain for longer than 180 days I think it is, you need a Residency card for EU Family members (Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión), which must be applied for within 90 days of arriving in Spain.  When you later return to Romania, you must apply for a Romanian Temporary  Residence Permit (Permis de sedere temporara).

Please PM me again if you have more questions and I'll try to answer or clarify.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

if you come to romania you dont need to apply for romanian permis sedere, why because that european union family permit under article 10 is much more stronger and better than the one they will give you here in romania. you can also use this permit here in romania without any hassle

darelo wrote:

if you come to romania you dont need to apply for romanian permis sedere, why because that european union family permit under article 10 is much more stronger and better than the one they will give you here in romania. you can also use this permit here in romania without any hassle

darelo, you are incorrect.  No EU member states residency permits are "more stronger" than any other respective permit.  They are equal, as the right to free movement is standard across the EU.  In Romania, the Permis de Sedere is what is applied for and issued to non EEA family members of Romanian citizen living in Romania. 

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

i wouldnt agree on that. for the article 10 family permit you dont need a visa into uk, also you can get more entry with or without your spouse in any european union member state. i have a permis sedere temporara for romanian family member and my friend who is married to a finish citizen has the eu family permit which he got here in romania. it looks exactly like the romanian national residency card with 3 languages on it. now when i travelled to uk with my wife and he also travelled on the same plane with us i was worried that he would need a eea permit but he first got inside the plane and was not stopped and then he passed through the immigration. then i understood what article 10 really was and how strong it was

darelo wrote:

i wouldnt agree on that. for the article 10 family permit you dont need a visa into uk, also you can get more entry with or without your spouse in any european union member state. i have a permis sedere temporara for romanian family member and my friend who is married to a finish citizen has the eu family permit which he got here in romania. it looks exactly like the romanian national residency card with 3 languages on it. now when i travelled to uk with my wife and he also travelled on the same plane with us i was worried that he would need a eea permit but he first got inside the plane and was not stopped and then he passed through the immigration. then i understood what article 10 really was and how strong it was

Fair enough Michael we can disagree :) It's not really relevant to the question asked anyway. Just keep in mind that UK is not part of Schengen like most EU countries, so they have their own requirements for entry.  Cheskafrencis has asked if she can travel/work outside of Romania while holding a residence permit.  My answer remains valid; yes she can do so. 

Romaniac

Hello, I am a Romanian citizen, I live at the moment in Romania. I am married to a Turkish citizen, we live both in Romania and he has a Residence permit (permis de sedere temporara) issued by Romania as a family member of mine. I want work in UK or Germany, i found work there. Can my husband come with me and work there as well? In what conditions? Thanks!

crisabbys wrote:

Hello, I am a Romanian citizen, I live at the moment in Romania. I am married to a Turkish citizen, we live both in Romania and he has a Residence permit (permis de sedere temporara) issued by Romania as a family member of mine. I want work in UK or Germany, i found work there. Can my husband come with me and work there as well? In what conditions? Thanks!

Yes he can come with you as a family member.  A UK EEA family member permit will have to be applied for, which you can find details about on the gov.uk website (for UK obviously).  For Germany, you will need to contact the Ausländerbehörde in the area you plan to relocate to in Germany for a German residence permit.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Romaniac, I asked you if my husband can join me and you answered me YES, after you said he need to apply for a EEA family member. Does he need to apply for this permit when we are in UK or before go to UK? Believe me, i know by heart this web gov.uk, they give so much information about the EEA family permit, but when u want to apply - you dont find it anywhere.

crisabbys wrote:

Romaniac, I asked you if my husband can join me and you answered me YES, after you said he need to apply for a EEA family member. Does he need to apply for this permit when we are in UK or before go to UK? Believe me, i know by heart this web gov.uk, they give so much information about the EEA family permit, but when u want to apply - you dont find it anywhere.

From what I understand, it should be obtained BEFORE traveling  to the UK, as it will be required to show at immigration/border control.

Romaniac

crisabbys wrote:

Perhaps try link https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome to register yourself on the website. Also this link https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/docume … st-provide will give you a brief list of documents you need to provide.

Please note that there is a difference between documents you "must" provide and documents you "can" provide. If I were you I'd only give them what is required by law and leave out the rest.

I hope this helps.

I think the best thing is that people should contact the foreign office of each country they are asking about, with 100% specific questions, honesty, and clear intentions, so that the foreign officers are able to assist them with the most practical and up-to-date answers so that everyone remains living in a legal way! :P

Hi I am a Pakistani citizen married to Romanian citizen living in Romania, we got married in Pakistan after we move in Romania ,my question is I applied for Romanian temp residence permit about 2 and half months but still I did not get any reply can any one tell me normally how long they take time to issue and how long for , thanks in advance

Mann123 wrote:

Hi I am a Pakistani citizen married to Romanian citizen living in Romania, we got married in Pakistan after we move in Romania ,my question is I applied for Romanian temp residence permit about 2 and half months but still I did not get any reply can any one tell me normally how long they take time to issue and how long for , thanks in advance

:offtopic:

First, I invite you to read the Romania Forum Code of Conduct.  Second, your question has been answered numerous times, refer to this topic please.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello. My husband applied for this temporary permit in Romania and he got an answer after 30 days. But normaly, it could take maximum 90 days for an answer.

Thanks for reply , I have just 2 weeks left to 3 months completed after I applied for permit if they did not contact in 2 weeks I will contact directly

Hello All,

I am from India, i live n work in Poland but i would like to get Romania resident Permit card which is valid for 10 years, so what is the procedure for that, any body can help me out

thanks in advance

Hi,
Good day!
I really hope you can help me with an information.
I am from the Philippines. I got married with a Romanian man. However, unfornately we are not in the same book every time.
I want some space. I have an aunt in UK. Can I go there and work?
The only thing I have is my passport and the temporary resident permit.

Thank you so much!

Tulips1805 wrote:

Hi,
Good day!
I really hope you can help me with an information.
I am from the Philippines. I got married with a Romanian man. However, unfornately we are not in the same book every time.
I want some space. I have an aunt in UK. Can I go there and work?
The only thing I have is my passport and the temporary resident permit.

Thank you so much!

*you need to apply for another UK visa to stay or work, since UK and Romania have different visa policy

But Romania is not in the EU. How can work with a Romania residence permit in another EU country?

Hi  I married. A romAnian girl in rimania I got a card for 5 years residence card for Family members  is it possible to travel to my home land for 1 month.

Yes ...

Hi bro imean out side europe like my country nepal

Yes you can.Why not ?

Iam having romanian family member of residence

Yes, with a temporary residence permit in Romania, you can travel in and out of the country without hassles. You can go home to Nepal whenever you'd like. Just keep in mind that in order to maintain your residency, you must not be out of the country for 6 consecutive months. Safe travels!

Hello, I have a question about residence permit ( Permis De Sedere).

My nationality is Japan but, I've got married to Romanian and I have the Premis De Sedere.
We are planning to move to the UK. My husband was working in London before we got married. So, he has NINo and bank account ..etc.

I'm wandering can I work in the UK with only residence permit ( Permis De Sedere)?
Or should I apply for a residence card in the UK?
Or before going to the UK, do I have to get EEA Family Permit?

Thank you in advance :)

Hello, if I go outside Romania, already with my Family EU residence permit, and stay in another country but still going back to Romania say after every 3 months, how does it affect me?