Quilmes - the location, not the beer

Hi All,

I'm considering a move to Argentina. If I do end up making it I'll be moving to Quilmes (just south of BA). Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and could give me an opinion on how it would be to live there.

Thanks!

Hi Kaminoge:
                        My name is Martin, i am originally from Quilmes, but i have lived in many cities, now i live in Chile.
I dont know the reason you are moving to Quilmes, because you can move to Buenos Aires (capital), and if you are an expat you will have much more to do than in Quilmes.
But, lets talk about Quilmes. Is a city that has its own life, but depends a lot of Capital (Bs As city). And i see this city like not developed. You have La Plata city near (40 min by train), and capital (aslo 40 min by train), so you can know many places around, and have fun.
Quilmes has its own nightlife, so dont go to live to city center if you are not interested in.
But you can find nice places to live.
If you have any question and i can help you, you can write an email to ***
Good luck!

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please don't post your personal contact details on the open forum. You may share them through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I live in Buenos Aires San Telmo I am curious to know why you will come to live in Argentina  and  then settle in Quilmes - it's an odd choice

Hello kaminoge,

I just read your thread and wonder why did you choose Quilmes as the place to visit in Buenos Aires.
Let me tell you something.  I was born in Quilmes and left the place when I was 17  years old.  After living for many years in South Africa, Austria, the US and now back in Argentina, all I hear is that Quilmes has become an extremely dangerous place to go. I haven't even visited there ever since.  I even read and watch news from the US about the changes in that city when I was still in South Carolina.  It did look bad.  But you might have a special reason why to do there.  Could you share it with me?