Pls help

I am presently working here in oman as housemaid but want to move to dubai since my brother promise to arrange visa for me but my boss said i have to pay her 500rial before she cancel my visa .......pls help what should i do because am tired of this job and can i go to dubai from oman without going back to my country nigeria

As far as Dubai is concerned, IF a housemaid visa for you has been issued, you can go directly there from anywhere in the world.

I don't know about Oman visa rules but I would assume if you leave without cancellation or NOC, you are likely to end up getting banned from working in Oman again.  Or even entering.   That is the way it works in most of the GCC countries.

Hi Meg natasha,

If you have no plans of returning to Oman (for a minimum period of 2-years from the date of your departure), you can leave without a NOC from your sponsor / employer.

As long as you have a valid visa to enter the UAE, you can go straight there from Oman. There is no need for you to return to your home country.

Regarding your employer / sponsor demanding a hefty sum for letting you go, what have you both agreed in your employment contract / job contract ?? What does the exit clause say ? Your exit and departure should be as per what has been mutually agreed by, between you and your sponsor / employer. There can be no deviations to that.

According to my visa its two years contract but the job is too ethic and becoming on favourable for me my health is breaking down am tired of the job sometimes i sleep 2am and stil wake early to clean house and look after the kids.no freedom to go out or do anything for myself she collected my passport and my residential card .and now shez requesting for 500 rial before she can release me .pls help me am tired of this place

Hi Meg natasha,

Sadly, this seems to be the trend with most expats hailing from your country, who are employed as domestic help in Oman.

We have had quite a few very similar cases reported in this very forum in the recent past.

You have every right to approach the Ministry of Manpower with your complaints, as well as go to the ROP, since your passport has been confiscated by your employer, which is illegal.

Unless you resist you cannot get away unscathed.

Thanx sumitran
I really appreciate ur informations but the problem now is that i dont knw anywhere i dont knw how to get out of this place anytime i go out to work with other house gal at my boss family house i always go with my boss in her car and right now everything seems confusing

Hi Meg natasha,

If you feel your movements are curtailed, feel free to use the phone. ROP has a hotline for complaints.

You can also complain online to the Ministry of Manpower. Scanning through the other similar posts on the forum would give you more information, which could help you.

Good luck !

Thanks

thanks to u all ur information has helped me this far.........i have been able to get a tourist visa to UAE my friend over there helped me process it and send it to me but he said i have to get UAE stamp on the visa here in oman .pls how can i get the stamp and i hope they wont refer me back to nigeria before going to UAE bcos my madam here is not ready to pay for my flight to nigeria since am not done with my house help contract.

thanks to u all ur information has helped me this far.........i have been able to get a tourist visa to UAE my friend over there helped me process it and send it to me but he said i have to get UAE stamp on the visa here in oman .pls how can i get the stamp and i hope they wont refer me back to nigeria before going to UAE bcos my madam here is not ready to pay for my flight to nigeria since am not done with my house help contract.