Vehicles in saigon

Hi everyone,
im going to spend my summer vacation in saigon, do you guys have any recommandation as to which vehicle is the most affordable and reasonable? (taking into account that i ll only use it for 3 to 4 months)
im thinking of either electrical bike or used motocycle. and if used motobike is a good idea, then anyone knows where can i find one?
all suggestions would be vry much appreciated:)

If your staying in Saigon for only 3-4 months. I'd look at renting a motorbike. While you can buy one for a few hundred dollars. Renting will save a lot of headaches when you leave in terms of trying to sell it on. Also if there are any problems with the bike it's not your problem :-)
Renting one should cost you around 1.2mill a month (approx 60$usd)

thats a great idea, ive never thought of it, do you know where can i rent one?

Plenty of places round Pham Ngu Lao that advertise rentals.

thanks

laidbackfreak wrote:

If your staying in Saigon for only 3-4 months. I'd look at renting a motorbike. While you can buy one for a few hundred dollars. Renting will save a lot of headaches when you leave in terms of trying to sell it on. Also if there are any problems with the bike it's not your problem :-)
Renting one should cost you around 1.2mill a month (approx 60$usd)

Good morning, buddy.

As a foreigner to rent bike, what do I have to give? Passport? Because I wouldn't want my passport to be held by them...

lostsouls wrote:

As a foreigner to rent bike, what do I have to give? Passport? Because I wouldn't want my passport to be held by them...

All depends on the rental place, most will take a copy of your passport.
I would NEVER leave my passport with anyone else.

laidbackfreak wrote:

All depends on the rental place, most will take a copy of your passport.
I would NEVER leave my passport with anyone else.

Same here, bro... I must be nuts to let them keep my passport.

A copy would be great...

hi,
just read ur post. in Vietname the most practical vehicle is motorcycle...:) we do not have a good infrastructure  system as in modern countries. so that... we travel by motorbike for cars,bus, train ... some still can use buses, but ... well... traffic in Saigon is not so...good. it is more convenient and active if u choose motorbike. anyway, in SG there are a lot of motorbikes for rent. just riding carefully is ok.
have nice trip!