Looking for a car for the summer

Hello everyone,

My name is Ognen and my wife and I will spend 3 months (June through August) in southern France, probably near Avignon. We are looking for a car to rent during that period and do not want to go through the rental agencies as they rarely allow such long-term rentals.

Do you know someone living in France that will not be using their car over the summer (perhaps going on an extended trip? or an overseas job posting for a few months?). Rather than just park the car and let it sit idle for months, we offer to pay the insurance premiums as well as a rental fee (amount to be agreed upon depending on the car, of course).

We will NOT be using the car much, mainly for short trips to the grocery store and the countryside near Avignon (we anticipate not driving at all most days). So we will not put many kilometers on it, as we are really looking to stay put and NOT travel much in the summer as we are just finishing 21 months of consecutive travel.

During our long trip, we drove close to 50,000 kilometers - first 9 months through South America and then another 8 months in Africa. So we are very comfortable and experienced drivers even in new settings and countries, and we think France should not be too much of a challenge after what we have been through. We are also very attentive to car care and maintenance and have even become fairly decent amateur mechanics.

Thanks for reading and please pass along to anyone you think might be interested! It does not matter if the car is from near Avignon, as we are willing to pick it up and drop it off anywhere in France (or even Switzerland). My email is [email protected]

Ognen

Hi Ognen!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Ognen - in case you don't find what you are looking for, Europcar does rent long-term:  europcar.com/car-FRANCE.html
good luck,
Julie