CHANGE OF SURNAME TO MARRIED NAME IN PHILIPPINE PASSPORT

hi everyone,  does any of you here know how to change surname in passport to married name here in Riyadh?  Pls.  Advise me...  Thanks.

Bblili wrote:

hi everyone,  does any of you here know how to change surname in passport to married name here in Riyadh?  Pls.  Advise me...  Thanks.

I think your question might be pertaining to something different, but i will still answer on how i understood it.

I checked your profile and you are originally from the philippines, so if you did like to change your surname to that of your husbands in your passport, you did have to go to your embassy or consulate here in Riyadh and ask for the procedures for that change and getting a new passport. I do not know the procedures but i am sure that you did be needing your marriage certificate as proff. Now once you have done that, i think you did receive a new passport with your surname changed.

However, am thinking you question includes what then happens when you are done with the change of surname and have your new passport. Again that am not entirely sure but based on personal  experience of change of passport, all you have to do is make your Embassy or Consulate cancel your old passport with your old surname and then automatically your new passport with new surname will be the one in use.

But since you might have your working visa stumped in the old one, the solution here is to Staple the 2 together and present it anytime you are traveling or asked by an authority for it. With the 2 stapled together anyone will know you have just changed your surname and you are still the same person. Your work visa is not affected even though it is in the old and cancelled passport. However when it expires and a new one is being issued it will be stumped in the new.

That is to my best knowledge. Someone who knows more might come to add to this.

Best of lucks.

Thanks for the reply,  it helped,  though I wanna know if they need more document such as CFO certificate if I have a foreign husband... As it is in the Philippines requirements-DFA.

Bblili wrote:

Thanks for the reply,  it helped,  though I wanna know if they need more document such as CFO certificate if I have a foreign husband... As it is in the Philippines requirements-DFA.

Yes. It's wise and safe to bring all documents pertaining to the marriage. So do bring all.