What documents needed to open an bank account in Montenegro

Hi,

is it difficult to open an bank account in Montenegro? I haven't moved here yet however I'm planning on moving at some point.

Which documents are required to open a bank account in Montenegro?

How long does it take to open it?

Is there any restriction regarding the services loans so in?

Which bank would you recommend?

Thank you

Shay

Hi Shay,

at the beginning of March I opened an account there and add some cash. The Societe Generale Bank asked for the copy of my home registration, my passport, even my payroll from my company and said that they have to ask to the head office. I checked with Prava Banka and used only my passport and opened a deposit account and put some money. So, just pass by a Prava Banka office with your passport and it will take only 5 minutes to open it.

To avoid bla ck money laundry they can ask for additional documents if the amount is more than 15.000 Euros for each time. Also here the link of the deposit protection fund  http://fzdcg.org/IndexEn.htm if you wish to have a look.

Kind regards,
Zelce

Hi Shay,
           Zelce is correct it very easy to open a bank account in Montenegro but just a little additional information when you do open a bank account make sure you check what their bank charges are as some banks charge a lot of money for doing certain transactions, for example if use your bank card to withdraw money from another bank machine the charge can be 5%.There is also a full list of Banks in Montenegro on the internet.

Hi Shay,
is it possible to open the bank account remotely or need to visit the bank?

You have to do it in person.