Tips to survive in copenhagen

Hi, everybody, iŽm just about to go to Copenhagen and iŽm wondering how`s life there. Could somebody tell me how much is the average price for a decent meal, and give me the name of a public market, or some place to buy cheap food. Thanks

Hi and welcome on the forum mexigirl :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi. If you eat out you can expect to pay 100-150 dkk for a very average meal in a cafe. Restaurants are of course more expensive. That only includes food. Not drinks also. For a decent night out, food, drinks, entertainment, expect to blow anywhere up to 500dkk or more. Avoid Nyhavn and town prices where it is at least 60dkk (7 english pounds) for 1 drink. It is very expensive to eat out in Denmark. Most people stay home and after spending some time here you will see why. Food from the supermarket is fairly priced and comparable to other countries Ive lived in. So get some cheap supermarket food and cook at home. Netto and Fakta are cheapest supermarkets. May be some open air fish markets etc in town that are cheap, I dont know.

Hi and welcome on the forum dogstar68 :)

Thanks for the share ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Mexigirl,

I hope you'll find your stay in Copenhagen enjoyable.

I disagree with dogstar68. If you don't necessarily go to the finest of restaurants, it is possible to get a quality meal for 50-100 kr (excluding drinks). I can recommend "Det græske spisehus Ellas" and "Ankara".
I'm a student myself, but eat out at least 2-3 times a week. I usually go to Chilimili, where a 50 % discount is offered during the last opening hour every day. The food is healthy, and I eat for 32-50 kr. depending on the day.

If you want to cook yourself, your best bet is to buy your goods at Netto and/or Lidl. Føtex often has some nice deals too, but is on average more expensive.

I have no knowledge of public markets in Copenhagen, sorry. 

If you cook most of the time, you should be able to live well for 100 kr a day. Personally, I spend about 4000 kr on food and utilities a month. But I just eat a lot.. ;).