LAUNDRY!!!

HELP! We have a laundry area in our apartments here, but they never get my clothes clean (I can still see makeup on my shirts, my husbands underwear...well, lets not even go there!). I have been "prewashing" all of my clothes before I go down the 4 flights of stairs to do my laundry (and back up and back down every time I need to switch to the dryer and start a new load...me with my knee that needs replacing, OUCH!), and this is a LOT of work because we are a family of 5! Now to make matters worse, the machines are leaving little holes in all of my clothes. I thought I would save myself a lot of trouble by just going to a laundromat, but now I can't seem to find one. When I look online all I find is the Laundromat Cafe, which is more like a cafe that happens to have 4 washers (all of which, I would need...so I would have to arrive before everyone else to use all of them and with husband, kids and my school, that is probably not possible). Does anyone know of a reasonably good laundromat near Copenhagen (I am in Herlev)?

dear kristen,

i am surprised that no one has responded to you yet! the place you are looking for is called a "møntvask" or "møntvaskeri." i think directly translated it means coin laundry. there are plenty of them in herlev. but if you keep going there it will get expensive. i suggest you gather your neighbors to have a chat with your landlord to fix the machine or get a new one.

Thanks! Just knowing the correct name is a HUGE help! I did find a place and it was about 4 times the cost, but my clothes were cleaner, and I didn't have to make 2 trips up and down several flights of stairs for each load. Nice to have it all done at once. With 5 people, that adds up to a lot of trips, and you can only reserve one slot at a time in our apartment complex. Thanks so much for your response! Kristen

Hi Kristen

In the long run, it will probably be cheaper for you to buy a washing machine or rent one :)
There are these compact models that you open from the top ("topbetjent vaskemaskine") and they cost between 150-200 kr.pr.months to rent. Same model costs approx. 2000,- to buy. The smart thing about these models is that they're slim (half the size of a regular washing machine) and can fit in smaller kitchens/bathrooms. They are usually connected directly to the sink, so the installation process doesn't take a bulldozer :lol:

Rent: leasy.dk/hvidevarer-og-elartikler/vaskemaskiner/vaskemaskine-topbetjent.aspx

Buy: elgiganten.dk/product/hvidevarer/vaskemaskine/AWE2316/whirlpool-vaskemaskine

All the best!

THAT sounds like the best idea! Our kitchen is quite small, but I think we could work it. The hard part is getting my husband to want it, lol

Well, he'll run out of clean underwear sometime :) usually it helps to put kroner and øre on the table and make your point :P

Bump.

What is the cost  a 1 dress shirt to laundry and iron on the cleaners in Copenhagen (city area). Also the same for a dry clean for: jeans,  dress pants, coats, jackets, merino wool knitwear, etc etc?  Thanks in advance.

https://dk.washa.com/?gclid=CJb2gcfQ79Y … /pricelist