Long car rental

Any good advise for a long car rental in Malta? Something like a month or so.

Long car rental.

Google limousine's in Malta.

MERCRI wrote:

Any good advise for a long car rental in Malta? Something like a month or so.

All the hire companies will give you a slightly better rate, but a month is not really long term. You will pay full rate on a months rental in the main season with most.
If you take in to account cost of full insurance so you have a low excess it won't be that much cheaper, if at all.
I can't name names on here as it would be advertising but you may find it cheaper to rent from Gozo, the company I use at least once a month here only has a €350 excess and would deliver a car to Malta if needed.

Ray

Hi,
any advice for longer term ?
Is it best to buy a car or lease it long term ?
Thanks,

Mel

Ok, folks. I want to search a good car to buy. I think it is about two months before I will ready to buy.
I don't want travel by bus even a week here. :^(

Who can lease me a small usual car for two months?
Wherefore company or private person.

Standart rental car companies for tourists are too expensive for two months. Actually, I can by old car with this amount.

I believe you cannot purchase a car until you have your residence card which may take a while so you might have to put up with the buses!

Seriously? But why?
Why they can't work with current documents, like usual rental companies?
It's actually too long to receive residential documents.
I going to buy car previously in September-October. Or I can not buy a car too?

SerZhyAle wrote:

Seriously? But why?

You can hire a car but as far as I know not buy one until you have your residency.

SerZhyAle wrote:

Seriously? But why?

That's what GozoMo said, you can not buy a car until you have you have your eResidence card, she did not say you can not hire!

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
SerZhyAle wrote:

Seriously? But why?

That's what GozoMo said, you can not buy a car until you have you have your residenc, she did not say you can not hire!

Ray

This is the same in a lot of other countries, not just Malta.

Yep - same in Holland, you can't register a car in your name until you've gone through the BSN process.

Probably nothing stopping you buying one for cash, but you can't register it, which means you can't insure it, so you can't drive it.

The only country I can think of where you can do it is the UK, which doesn't have a national personal registration system.

Thank you all for your explanation. I'm in the sad mood now.
Well Ok.. I'm going to hire a car before I get a residential status. The problem is not only what I hate maltian's buses.. I'm not sure we found job place for wife and schools for sons near each one.

If you have any related link to read the lows, give it to me, please.
I can try to read it byself..
I'm about rules: - how much time consistently I can hire a car? Can I loan a car from a private person? How long can I use my foreign driver-license? ..and etc.

The decision to move the family can't be changed, even if we going to have to walk (

Try to find BSG on facebook, good price they can give you.
I am still with them, probably 18-23euros per day.