Speeding fine

Hey all,

it might be the Austrian in me, asking this question, but does anyone know how I can settle a speeding fine with a foreign plated car?

The thing is this: I was a bit too fast on the way to Marsaxlokk today and forgot about the speed camera  on the way there.... We've got our Austrian plated car here - as we're not residents and only staying here for 3 months, that's totally legal (I checked on the gov site, we're tourists as far as that is concerned). We'll be leaving the island in about 3 weeks - now, my question is, how can I find out how much the fine for my speeding is, and how can I settle it? I have no problem paying for it - but I figure the ticket won't be sent to my Austrian address, and here in Malta we're not registered, as we're not residents.

What I do know is that the number plate was registered when we took the ferry over to Malta, and I figure it will be registered on the way back again, too...

Any help appreciated :)

Sorry, cannot advise but....   tut tut. you should have known better.  ;)

Sorry, I thought you said Australian.  Worse than Maltese.  ;)

There is EU wide system for figuring out who owns a car for this purpose. Saw some news articles saying TM is on that now so you might get it

But maybe the general incompetence will save you :)

I would call TM help line. They are surprisingly helpful

Last time I got was one was in a rental, so can't help with payment, but I was staggered at how cheap they were! It almost isn't worth slowing down for them  :joking:

The details are stored in LES system here,

helpline[at] or telephone 23318900

Call them, give your registration number and they will find the fine if one is issued, and instruct you how you can pay it.

Questions and answers about transports

Ask your question
Easy to find Parking space near Valletta?
By yandr
Car Insurance advice
By mantonas
By Chalks1
Buying a car
By Malta7
Exchanging UK driving license for a Maltese license
By Maria00091

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta