Need help getting Romanian passport in USA

I am living in the USA but all of my Romanian documentation has expired.

I am married to a USA citizen but am not yet a citizen myself.

I have to travel outside of the USA soon for business so I need to get a new Romanian passport.

So far I have been trying to get my travel pass and submit all the supporting documents however I am having non stop issues where I do as they (Romania) ask, then they tell me to do it over in a different way.

Today they sent me 2 more requests. One, my spouses birth certificate is too old to have appostiled, so it needs to be updated. And two, for me to redo my marriage certificate so it contains my spouses full middle name instead of initial. I called the local courthouse and they said it was not possible to change.

I feel like I have hit a roadblock now and am in complete confusion and depression thinking that this just may not be possible.

Please help

Have you contacted a higher authority at the consulate? Can the Diaspora Representative in Romania help? Have you contacted a Romanian-born lawyer near the consulate for help?

No help, but when my wife needed a new RO passport, we just went to the embassy in DC and got it.  Maybe they rushed it for her  because we had to go right then because her father was sick...

Our issue is that none of her Romanian IDs are valid, including passport and Romanian ID. Im guessing your wife had at least one of these?

Expired passport.  I'm not sure if her ID was still valid...or had the matching name for the passport...I think they weren't in sync at that point.

Ok I guess I can be more specific. One of our issues at this moment is that her name changed with marriage and Romania does not recognize it.

Are you saying that you went to the embassy with her having a different name and they were still able to help. Or did you have the apostiled paperwork with you?

All we had was her expired RO passport.  So they gave her a new one...still using her maiden name.  As if she was just some random stranded Romanian.
They wouldn't make one with her married name.  She had to do that in Romania.  And that was after she got her US citizenship and passport.

Ok thank you for the information. We are already on file with them attempting to update her name so Im not sure that it will work for us. But at this point maybe we will try that. We are 3 hours from DC so we will try that soon

1 where did you get married?
If in US did you record it in Romania?
2 getting a updated and appostiled birth certificate  n US is just a matter of doing yourself n the state of birth or thru a service for which will pay a extra fee..you can find it on line
We had a similar situation....with birth certificate for my wife,US citizen and middle initial for me ,Romanian
The marriage certificate in US can be updated to reflect the correct information...just a matter of fillingthe forms,paying the fee providing the support documentation
We did this from Romania.... easier for you in US
Time consuming but paying for expedited service and thorough follow up will solve it
Any questions?let me know
Virgil