Internship in Shanghai

Hi dear community ! i just arrived on Expat.com and i would like to ask you some questions for the expats in China. My name is Raphael and i am a MBA student in hospitality management in Singapore ( i am Belgian). In order to terminate my studies i have to find a 6 months internship OR full time job.

I am willing to go to shanghai and i already found an offer that is interesting however there are the following problems

1/ internship is not recognized in china and apparently the only way to do it is to get a study visa like an X2 ( language school) and go to the internship. However it is considered as illegal and i don't want to risk it as this internship is part of my studies. What do you think about that ? is it as risky as everyone say ? or do you think i can still manage to do it this way ?

2/ other way would be to get a business visa. Apparently it is more " legal" but do you know how to get it ? what are the documents required by the government ? im afraid the company will not do to much effort as i am just an intern

3/ other option would be to get a working visa " Z" but i need two years experience and i d'ont have it. Do you think i can still manage to have it if in my case : Hold a bachelor degree , have & year and a half of relevant experience DURING my bachelor degree and pursuing a master degree ? you think it will be refused directly or i still have a chance to get it ?

Thank you very much for your support, i need some reinsurance from people that know the topics !

Cheers !

répondez bande de fils de putains

RaphLecrist wrote:

répondez bande de fils de putains

wow, you still have a long way ahead of you to learn a thing or two about anger management and control your inner napoleon syndrome!

For those interested to know whats the deal with internship programs; X2 in combination with a short -term study program is the right way to go, many schools to choose from. Google is your friend.
My company used to hire 2-3 intern, mostly over summer  on biz visa, with the current change in policies, I have heard from HR that the program is on hold this year.

Sorry, i am actually suffering from the Tourette Syndrome but i am currently seeing a doctor.

Thank you for your answer , so it means that for example if i want to go to china for an internship i can subscribe to a language school that can issue me an X2 visa ( student visa ) and pursue my internship there? In that case do i have to lie if any officer is asking me a question at the border or whatever ?

Thank you very much for your answers !!!

I hire interns all the time.

I would strongly suggest that you contactInternChina. They will handle everything for you. What they do is work with your school, and all the ground work and approvals for China are already worked out. Typically, I work with Coral Simpson in Zhuhai. She can help you out a lot.

Good luck.