NON NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS

Hi you  all,

Is there anyone who can help me find a teaching job here in China? I have a Bachelor's degree in education. I got my first Z visa in 2011 because I passed the government requirements。It is hard to find a teaching job recently because most of the schools now require native English speakers. I can accept au pair or private teaching jobs if I cant go back in the classroom.

Thanks.

I've always heard that speaking English is a hindrance in finding an English teaching job in China.

Hi. What does it mean? I tried using the Chinese English speaking agents but most of them will just take my resume, promise me things, and they'll be gone.

If you don't understand what I said then you shouldn't have any trouble finding an English job.

Agents in China - whether for work, visas or travel - are great ways to spend a lot of money and get royally screwed.  Very few are honest and even fewer are legally authorized to do what they claim to do.

yeah right :dumbom:

i agree

Even us Native English speakers get the same problems with unscrupulous agents. I really do feel that a accredited recruiter that has a licence from the PRC would be a really great idea as a middleman company. Concrete links to the foreign related agency's  and the finance from SAFEA to fill the gaps in the job market. Licenced employers sign up and walla! Jobs filled. In the west its called a Quango

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quango

Try this site. Dave's ESL cafe It's been around a long time and you can find revues and comments on some of the less desirable job "opportunities" and agents. You can also find some pretty scary stories too.  :o

Just come to Jinan ,Shandomg Province , there are lots of English schools , most of them don't mind that you are not a native speaker so long as you speak perfectly .

How the heck can I disguise my Brit accent,.. stay drunk or continuously chew toffee. Regarding Translation in eye contact, If Angel was around me, it would say hell of a lot for sure ;)  . How far from is Jinan from Zhejiang I wonder?

British accent is hot ,I wish I had that , why do you want to disguise it ?
      There's a school in Jinan teaches British English only .
       I think the bullet train takes about 4 hours from Zhejinang to Jinan .

Hailey said,

"I've always heard that speaking English is a hindrance in finding an English teaching job in China"

I keep that in mind Angel, have a year to go here, all depends on if my school wants to keep me on next year. I suppose it boils down to money, but sure it is food for thought.

Must admit, super smooth posh Brit accent in a woman, is Hot. But then again Cheryl Cole`s slippers should be under my bed. It`s that northern working class girl accent. On the other side of the coin, for you girls, all I hear about is the curly fool, Sherlock. .. right I`m off to learn how to play the violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lx_ZqrK1bM

@Angelachen would love to know about this school in Jinan. Am a non native speaker but without a degree. However, I hold a TEFL from the UK. I have a British accent but I do not have that RP! Nor do I speak Estuary or any other dialect.

Can you link me?

Link me please

hiya, are you an English teacher in Shangahi?