Buying a house/villa in Nha Trang

Hi, I'm a Chinese. A friend of mine is planning to move to Nha Trang in the future. He wants to buy a single-house or villa facing the beach.

He has seen some properties before. A local agent recommend him a second-hand house. They told him that they can help him set up a Vietnam company to buy the house. We don't know if it is legal in Vietnam. Will it occur some problems in the future if he wants to rent it or sell it?

He found it is hard to find new house or villa project facing the beach in Nha Trang. Is there anyone who can help us? The budget: Around One million USD

Thanks a lot

Janice

hi Janice,

if your friend is a foreigner, it is hard to buy a single house or villa unless it is part of a existing real estate project from the developer. That's why i understand it may not be easy to find one. When looking for projects, make sure the developers can sell it to a foreigner!

Be wary of agents that try to sell you second-hand houses or houses outside of these projects. Foreigners generally cannot buy a second-hand house, unless they buy from another foreigner. They also cannot buy houses that are not part of a real estate project, which usually excludes many free-standing homes.

Using a Vietnam company to buy the house also does not legally work. This is because when you set up the company as a foreigner, the company is considered a foreign-owned company and will be treated as a foreigner anyway. In this case, your friend is better off buying using his or her name. This is unless the agent is offering to have a Vietnamese person hold the company in their name = scam.

I suggest your friend check whether there are existing residential projects available that are selling with a beach view

Thanks!

We decide to look for villa within the new development project.

So far, we've found 2 projects near the bai dai beach in Nha Trang. It seems there are many projects located around the airport and bai dai beach.

One villa is directly facing the beach, and the total price is around 1 million USD. The developer will give us a condotel for free. And also, we can have a pretty higher rental guarantee.

The other one is about 150 meters far from the beach, we can see the sea on the rooftop. However, the price is 0.4million USD.

I was wondering which one is much better. The first one has 3- bedroom and one floor. The second one also has 3-bedroom but 2 floors.

Any recommend?

Janice915 wrote:

One villa is directly facing the beach, and the total price is around 1 million USD.

I've never been to Nha Trang.

But I'd be worried if I bought a property right on the beach. Due to climate change, there are more and more large hurricanes / typhoons and the sea water level is rising.

Be cautious of guaranteed rental agreements. No one can assure you of that in my opinion. And what recourse do you have if no one will rent it for that guaranteed amount...maybe a vacant property?

My friend was told by Vinhomes she would get 1300 for her rental. I told her she would get between 800 and 900. She got 850 after one year of trying to get the impossible.

Wow. Did you friend have sign any rental guarantee agreement with Vinhomes? If they said 1300 per month is a esteemed  data, it is a very normal thing in property selling to push your friend buy the property.

Yeah. I don't know much about the situation of rental guarantee property in Vietnam. But in China, if the developer said they can give you a rental guarantee if you buy the unit, then you can get the money.

Not sure if it was a rental guarantee, more of an estimate. At the end of the day it's all about selling, once sold it's not their problem.