Rent a flat or a house in Nha Trang

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Nha Trang. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Nha Trang.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Nha Trang?

How to find a home in Nha Trang: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Welcome and who you preparing to Nha Trang

I was in Nha Trang, so look forward to sharing some information for the members to settle in Nha Trang.

- It is not difficult to find an apartment or house for rent in Nha Trang. You can find the information posted on the website of Nha Trang at: nhatrangclub.vn

- Generally, if you rent a fully furnished apartment in downtown Nha Trang about 400USD per month

- Procedures to rent an apartment to stay: First, the lease will be the procedures for signing a contract with you when you agreed to the tenancy, you must deposit or prepaid rent, as the host but often the tenant must deposit a minimum of 6 months rent and security deposit to keep the property in the house. For sign contract that you must present a passport (copy) to complete the procedure with the rentals.

- What do you need help, I would be happy. Please contact me if you need help slightly.

;);););)

:one

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi Nhu. So let help me for rent my apartment please. I have a room with 73m2, 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, a kitchen... A branch new one. This apartment is Vinh Diem Trung. I think you know it. I want price is: 3,000,000 VND/month. If you have any customers, please help me to rent it. Thank you very much in advance. Let contact to me at: [email protected] for your further information.

Hi Ho Hoang Oanh,

You should post an advert in the Nha Trang classifieds > accommodation section- flat for rent. :)

It might help you.

Thank you so much for your remind Christine. I will consider it.

hi everyone, i'm considering moving to Nah Trang next year for a coupleof years.  i'm retired and a retired friend would be coming with me too so we'd need a two bedroom apartment or house.  generally what isthe size of apartments.  do you have apartmnts 800-1200 square feet?  do you have houses for rent?

when is the monsoon season -- the rainyest?

philflorida wrote:

hi everyone, i'm considering moving to Nah Trang next year for a coupleof years.  i'm retired and a retired friend would be coming with me too so we'd need a two bedroom apartment or house.  generally what isthe size of apartments.  do you have apartmnts 800-1200 square feet?  do you have houses for rent?

when is the monsoon season -- the rainyest?

No worry, enough there to rent, all sizes and standards.
Raining season is normally from end of October until middle of December, however, 2 years ago and this year, it has started 2 month earlier.
Especially for Nha Trang, I would advise, giving it a good read about the city, as it is quite a different in many aspects, before even considering moving here

Thanks for the info.  are you a native to nah trang?  or did you  move there from another country?  how long in Nah Trang?

I'm retired and used to the Florida life in USA, it sounds like you think there might be a tough adjustment for someone to adapt to Nah Trang life -- is that correct?

I like your posts and have seen you comment on many topics and I'll keep looking and reading. 

Any insight you can help me with would be appreciated.

Right now, I plan to come to Nah Trang next March for 2 weeks explore and see if it's a place that I can live for longer term.

What do you know about Hoi An?

Thank you -- Phil

Native, no. You will see in my profile. But I live now good over 5 years, have seen more "expats" leaving than coming (actually, it's not really true, they where not seen, just silently been/moved off, penny and homeless)after begging their bus fair to Saigon together.
For sure, it's better to give it a good look S & D & Rock'n Roll are not the kind of stuff, many expats can handle whilst keeping a cool head.

As for Hoi Aa, I know some people there AND I know, I would not want to stay there more than a couple of days in row. NT I can handle, as I am well a bit outside the city, away from the madness.

Just give a good look, day and night, consider security and that, what you might consider positive as opposite and build your opinion.
It can be fun, but pronunciation is on CAN.

Thanks Serial -- you're  not  making me feel good about considering Nah Trang.  Everything i "read" sounds very positive but you're living there and probably know more. 

I'll do more research and will come next March to check it out.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?  Just so I can see from your age perspective.  I'm retired (65).

No worry, NT is not that bad, it's just the people coming here and find out suddenly, that a simple 4mm glass door is not security and that most of the things are not free or cheap here, as well as there is no Tram service and similar.

It commonly affects those people, who arrive with the wrong expectation (English teachers dreaming of USD 25,00 an hour and beers for 0.10 USD and similar).
As soon you understand, that NT is price-wise similar to Saigon but virtually contained in three paralleled streets, stretching about one mile is all, most can see, than you will be fine.
Yes NT is much bigger, more to see, but you will find your transportation ..... and .. and  .... . Try it in your holiday.

I live close to the beach, not paying rent, no problems, I feel comfortable here and possible would not swap it for anything else.

I am only 49, re-activated after retiring 8 years ago and one of the "youngest" long serving expats (over 5 years) here (and another 17 years prior, outside Vietnam).

sounds like you've gotten to know NT well and those coming and going.
i've been to vietnam before, once as a USMarine in 1968 -- not good.  Then about 3 years ago as a tourist and fell in love with Vietnam and their people and culture. Just love it and been wanting to return since.
I'm at a position in life that I can put my life here in the USA on hold for a while and come and explore and enjoy. 
I do have expectation of having a lower cost of living and trying to save money.  I read of how inexpensive (cheap) it is to live there -- rent,food, (beer), etc.  But you seem to give a different point of view.
How much would rent be for a 2 bedroom apartment (large size)?
monthly for food?  monthly for going out to resturants/beer, etec?
Thanks  phil

It depends, on what exactly and where and when. You might be able to live well on as little as USD 300 a month as well as USD 60000 a month, all independent of property size.

Just consider the "Saigon - Cost of living", and it gives you good ideas.
There are stretches outside the tourist mile, you can get away even with less. There is at least one guy living here (surviving), having less than 40 USD a month.

However, if money is an issue, than PUT AND KEEP ASIDE:
- emergency/other medical
- paperworks
- deposit

Do NOT TRUST OR BELIEVE ANYONE!!!!! Stay in tourist mode for at least 4-8 weeks (thousands of cheap guesthouses for small money), before deciding anything (your visa will be good for at least 3 month). For anything, ask, if not sure, but so it, once the issue arises, not now.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Thanks.  I've looked at your wife site and it's very nicely done with lots of good information.  If I journey that way, I'll make sure to make contact with you beforehand and may engage your services too.  many thanks phil

retire-in-nhatrang.com wrote:

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

hi looking ƒor apartment july 2013 onward cheers kc

Hello jobbaker and welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the Housing in Nha Trang section. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello out there,
I am interested in moving to Vietnam to retire, basically looking for an apartment to rent near the beach with good restaurants and English TV. I would like BBC discovery and the sports channels

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Welcom you come to Nha Trang of Viet Nam

Philflorida,  Where were you at in Nha Trang in 1968? Or was it in-country R&R? I assume you were just passing through. I was at Dien Khanh in '68, but we went into Nha Trang to scrounge supplies and occasionally take some time off. Did some trading with the USN IUWG.

Nha Trang, by the way, was the birthplace of the VNMC.