Medical related to Family Visa

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to bring my family on permanent visa.For that my wife went for medical check up in GAMCA.

GAMCA in India  informed her that she is unfit as she has old scar in lung(basal Pleural thickening).The doctor asked her if she experienced any problem previously.But my wife didn't had any of the problems in the past and present.Shes normal and just eight months back delivered a healthy baby.Her hospitals Blood reports and X-ray, sonography reports were normal.

He informed that it is old scar and does not need any medication,and she's healthy.He informed that he knew that she's healthy , but couldn't declare her fit as he has to follow the  GAMCA Guidelines.He assured that he will not put the report on the net.

Now my question ,what to do next?I am in fix and don't know how to proceed further.Please help.

Hi shekharnewexpat2014,

Nice of the GAMCA doctor to be kind enough not to upload the test results online. You owe him thanks.

You can now go to another GAMCA clinic and explain the background in detail before agreeing to do the test there.

Tell the clinic that you would, of course, want a 'Fit for Travel' seal on your wife's medical report, and given the previous experience, whether they could grant your wife one.

Thanks Sumitran for the reply..

Is it possible to bring her on visit visa and conduct the medical test here?

Can the employer waive off the X-ray test report as she will be joining here on as family and not as an employee?

Thanks in advance.

Hi shekharnewexpat2014,

Yes, your wife could certainly come to Muscat and get her medicals done. But the same X-ray issue could crop up again. How do you intend to tackle it in case it shows up again on the test report ?

There is absolutely no question of being selective about the test results of course !

The final verdict of the examining GAMCA clinic doctor will be a simple 'Fit to Travel', or 'Unfit to Travel'. That is all. There is nothing in between.

Hi shekhar.
My present situation is eerily similar to what you faced in 2018. I would like to know what did you do to bring your wife to Oman at the time?