Working in GIB but want to live in Spain

My husband just got a job in GIB and got his work permit approved.  We will be moving over in the summer.  We are struggling to get detailed info from employer since we are the first Americans they have hired. 

We were told we had to initially live in GIB before applying for residency in Spain.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this, when could we apply, how long that takes, how easy it is etc.? 

Thank you!

Jen

HI Jen,

I am in a similar situation. My  work permit in Gibraltar was approved lately. From my conversations with a non-EU professional in Gibraltar, I understand that it is difficult to move to Spain after you are in Gibraltar.

However, i am keen on living on the Spanish side of the border mainly because of the high rents in Gib. I have been looking at non-lucrative visa option for Spain.

But this will  entirely have to be done independently to the paperworks for Gibraltar.

Alternatively, it would be helpful if you had any further updates.

Thanks

George

Hi,

I'm actually going through the exact same dilemma! If you had an update on how your situation turned out it would be much appreciated :) I