Hospitality jobs

I've been lookin online for hospitality jobs in gibraltar but I can't seem to find any. Also I've been tryin to find a flatshare but cant see anything online. I'm going to Gibraltar on Monday (16/09/2013) an plan on lookin in the local paper for flatshares, is it worth me visiting bars and hotels with my.CV?

Hi there

I live in Gibraltar and property is very few and far between.  Morrisons has a notice board at the rear and that sometimes has flat shares etc so might be worth checking it out.
The local paper is the Chronicle and again, jobs and accomm occasionally but as everywhere, jobs are very sparce.
I would say no harm in dropping your CV in anywhere you go, whats the worse they can do, say no thanks!  Not going to put you against a wall and shoot you are they lol.

To get work personally, I registered with several agencies.  I actually managed to find work through a recruitment agency called oddly, Recruit Gibraltar.  It took several months but the guys in the office were honest from the outset.  They told me the truth about my expectations which I found refreshing, anyways, in the end they managed to get me what I can only describe as my perfect job!  BTW, recruit Gib office is behind the Police Station in Irish Town if you fancy giving them a go!
Good Luck to you and maybe I'll bump into you on Monday at Morrisons lol.

Hi liamh24,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should post an advert in the Flats for rent in Gibraltar section and I suggest you post your resume in the Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in Gibraltar section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks maximilien an jessicaford I'll try both of those suggestions :D

Hi there

I hope your move to here went well.

Just a quick note to say, I noticed you were looking for jobs in the hospitality region and oddly, the company that got me the job has just posted some on their website.  Not sure if it is what you are looking for but might be worth checking it out!  Have a look at Recruit Gibraltar website, they need hotel staff. 

Hope this helps and you are lucky x

Thanks I'll check it out :)

Hi Liamh24.

How did your job search go

Any luck ?

Millo

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

Millo wrote:

Hi Liamh24.

How did your job search go

Any luck ?

Millo

I handed out lots of CVs but its starting to go quiet in the bars an hotels, if i'd been there a week earlier I might of found one

Hi looking for Oddly recruitment Gib.   

Cannot find the website.

Can anyone send me the link.

Thanks

Millo

Hi Millo

'Oddly Recruitment', nope sorry, never heard of it!  Would not have thought there to be a company calling themselves THAT!

There are a few recruitment firms in Gibraltar, I used www.recruitgibraltar.com to get my job.  Dont know what industry you are in but you could take a peek at their website.

There is also the new 'hotel boat' coming in shortly and I guess that they will want staff.....  Sunborn I think it is called.

Good Luck :cool:

jessicaford wrote:

There is also the new 'hotel boat' coming in shortly and I guess that they will want staff.....  Sunborn I think it is called.

Yep its the sunborn :D they've got an office in ocean village I popped in there thinkin it was an estate agent started askin advice about flats to let (the massive picture of a boat on the wall didn't give the game away)

RecruitGibraltar is great millo, you might want to look up recruitment agencies on gibyellow.com too

My mistake its gibyellow.gi

Once again i'm looking for some work in Gibraltar, I managed to land myself a bar job on the Island of Sark in the Channel Islands, I'm only here until the season finishes in September and I defiantly want to have a try at Gib, just looking back at the photos from my birthday last year makes me feel excited about the rock. If anyone hears of any bar/waiting on jobs going please send me an email [email protected] especially the end of august start of September when people prepare to move on for university and college.

Hope to hear from somebody soon

Liam :D