Need some immigration advice

Hi everyone out there.
I need some help in applying for my residence permit. I am married to a Norwegian citizen , we recently got married in India. I am currently in Australia (on student visa)  and she is in Norway. I want to move to Norway and start a new life there with my wife. We have been trying to apply for my visa but we are not sure under what category of visa to go for. Family immigration or visitor visa or any other visa. We checked udi's website but its really confusing.
If anyone can help us out that would be really great.
Thanks in advance :)

Piyush997 wrote:

Hi everyone out there.
I need some help in applying for my residence permit. I am married to a Norwegian citizen , we recently got married in India. I am currently in Australia (on student visa)  and she is in Norway. I want to move to Norway and start a new life there with my wife. We have been trying to apply for my visa but we are not sure under what category of visa to go for. Family immigration or visitor visa or any other visa. We checked udi's website but its really confusing.
If anyone can help us out that would be really great.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi! Everything you need to know you will find in www.udi.no. Anyway, in your case you can already apply for a "Family immigration with Norwegian or Nordic citizen Visa" since you two are already married. However, there is still a long list of requirements to be fulfilled most especially coming from the reference person (your wife). One of the most important is that she should be earning at least NOK256 256 per year pre-tax. But if you have a job that's already waiting for you in Norway, your salary can be included in the computation. There's actually also a lot of different provisions and requirements for different cases. For example, if your wife is working, if your wife has education, if your wife is self-employed, etc. For now, just to answer your question. You two can apply for a family immigration visa. You can check the UDI website for more details. You can start from this link and just browse through it:

https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fam … #link-1180

In the "What kind of family member are you?" section, you will fall under the "Spouses and Registered Partners"

Hope I was of help! :) And good luck!

Thanks a lot Tee jae for taking your time out and replying me. Yes my wife is employed in Norway and she is earning more than the required amount but what is the resident permit for getting married? When i try apply for family immigration they ask for renewal of resident permit but i dont have any.

Hi! You are welcome. Hmmm. I checked the website again, so far I went through. You probably switched some of the info when they asked you about "Applicant" and "Reference Person". Here you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the website and click "Want to Apply" and then click "Family Immigration"
2. It will load to the next page and will ask THE REFERENCE PERSON IS A CITIZEN OF. You should put Norway.
3. Next it will ask if you two have lived together in an EU/EEA country other than Norway. Assuming not, then click the Family immigration with Norwegian or Nordic citizen option. (It's actually the only option that comes out)
4.  Next it will take you to a page that asks WHAT KIND OF FAMILY MEMBER ARE YOU? Click the spouses and registered partners.
5. There you will find the basic requirements needed from the both of you. Scroll down a bit and you will find the HOW TO APPLY button. You can click on that and browse through.

P.S.
Don't mind this section that says:
Please note!
If you have been granted a residence permit for getting married (fiancé(e)), and you now have married, you must now apply for a renewal of your family immigration permit with your spouse.

It is intended for those who applied for a FIANCE VISA first and eventually got married within 6 months. Then they have to renew their family immigration permit after that.  In your case, you are already married. So you apply straight to Family Immigration visa.