Close

What is my rights being married in Norway

Hello I am new here. I found this site through google. I am currently living here in Norway just married this year through fiancee visa.
I need an advice me and my husband are facing big problem between our relationship as a couple. We are not yet one year married but now i found out he have another woman he is chatting with and found out he send money to this woman every week. I cannot continue with this kind of relationship because i am serious when i am married him and give my love and trust without any hesitation and now i found out this. All of a sudden it's ruiened. I want to give him another chance but I need to know who is it and i must know if it realy stop because i will not continue if he have another person in his mind and he must stop whatever he is doing but he dont have plan to stop it talk about it and in fact he is willing to separate or divorce me.  I want to know what will i do now? What is my rights as his wife? I like to continue my study here in norway (norskkurs) and find job after that. Please tell me what will i do or i realy need to go home in Philippines since my happy family dream will never happened here in norway. But i like norway and i want to live here for good.

Please help

Is your residence based on family unification and sponsor is your husband?   Once you are divorced from him,  you lost your residence permit if it is based on family unification with him.   There are exceptions cases but I heard mostly due to abuse.   There is no more student visa based on norskkurs.

Shirley40 :

Hello I am new here. I found this site through google. I am currently living here in Norway just married this year through fiancee visa.
I need an advice me and my husband are facing big problem between our relationship as a couple. We are not yet one year married but now i found out he have another woman he is chatting with and found out he send money to this woman every week. I cannot continue with this kind of relationship because i am serious when i am married him and give my love and trust without any hesitation and now i found out this. All of a sudden it's ruiened. I want to give him another chance but I need to know who is it and i must know if it realy stop because i will not continue if he have another person in his mind and he must stop whatever he is doing but he dont have plan to stop it talk about it and in fact he is willing to separate or divorce me.  I want to know what will i do now? What is my rights as his wife? I like to continue my study here in norway (norskkurs) and find job after that. Please tell me what will i do or i realy need to go home in Philippines since my happy family dream will never happened here in norway. But i like norway and i want to live here for good.

Please help

There is program for " Residence permit for victims of abuse" but I'm not sure whether you fulfill the criteria.

https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/res … -of-abuse/

Expatriate health insurance in Oslo

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Oslo

Moving to Oslo

Find tips from professionals about moving to Oslo

Travel insurance in Oslo

Enjoy stress-free travel to Oslo

Flights to Oslo

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Oslo